Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LowlyPropCapt said:
I've given up...

How about: "Folks we are just a few feet from the gate, but we need someone to park us. Please keep your seatbelts fastened until we are able to turn off the fasten seatbelt sign. Welcome to Philly!"

Then you sit back, relax, and think about how insanely over block you are about to be.

Resistance is futile!

I feel you. This happened to me all the time in Charlotte parking at the "E" gates. I always thought I would hop on the early flight and beat that traffic home. NOT! We would sit on the ramp for 45 mins or so.

You dont think PHL is any worse then ORD? Granted I've only been to ORD a handful of times, but my friend, let me offer you my most profound condolences about now being based in PHL. You have no idea of the hell your about to experience. May god be with all of you.

Last edited:
Hope Air Wiskey will enjoy flying out of phili. They have no idea what they have comming with ramp operations there.

LowlyPropCapt said:
I've given up...

How about: "Folks we are just a few feet from the gate, but we need someone to park us. Please keep your seatbelts fastened until we are able to turn off the fasten seatbelt sign. Welcome to Philly!"

Then you sit back, relax, and think about how insanely over block you are about to be.

Resistance is futile!

You've got it right on, relax and listen to the sound of cash flowing.

I have read the anti-Philly posts for a couple months now. It sounds like a lot of bitterness from existing PHL crews against Air Wisconsin crews. AWAC pilots have enough stress to deal with than to listen to a bunch of negativity. It was not thier choice to be kicked out of ORD, DEN, or IAD.

I have logged many hours in PHL, ORD, and IAD. PHL is rated G compared to IAD's C/D concourse nightmare or ORD's alley that AWAC and Eagle share. At least AWAC guys will be raking in a little extra doughzak waiting for a marshaler that is busy shooting hoops with the pink dolphin (block or greater).

By the way eastflier, I didn't know there was C172 parking on the Philly F concourse.

Good luck AWAC. Have fun in Philly. The downtown train leaves all concourses (except F) every 1/2 hour. The train was built before the concourse. Hundreds of bars, restaurants, and hot women 20 minutes away in Center City. (No smart comments on the "hot women" please. You may have to see it to believe it, but it's true).

JohnyChimpo99 said:
...PHL won't be any different than ORD...

Spoken like a true neophyte. Son, you have no idea... The english language does not have the ability to describe. You'll see what we all mean. In 3 weeks you'll be singin' along with the rest of us.

Just remember Air Whiskey guys...Mesa guys listening to you on ops in Philly are laughing as hard as humanly possible every time you ask for your laundry list.

Enjoy your time in Philly while we take the rest of your flying you priced yourself out of.

bitememesa said:
Just remember Air Whiskey guys...Mesa guys listening to you on ops in Philly are laughing as hard as humanly possible every time you ask for your laundry list.

Enjoy your time in Philly while we take the rest of your flying you priced yourself out of.

Yeah well...we took your USAir flying, we're soon be taking your America West flying...and when you fukc up your United flying (again) we'll be there to take that too.

bitememesa said:

I am confused, it seems that you are actually proud of working for crap wages?

That might be a new low

Latest resources

Back