Air Tran Pilots not Special?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
canyonblue said:
This might come back to bite him in the a$$.

I doubt it. As long as pilots are willing to fly for little or no wages (like Mesa) there will always be someone willing to fly for less.

Pilots like to think they're special people. They're not.

I thought everyone was special in their own way?

Your only a special person (pilot) up until the landing. Then your just like everybody else, in the way.

FCPhotography said:
Pilots are no more special but their position takes years of training and experience.

A pilot could perform any other position with a few weeks of training. Any other position could not become a pilot for AirTran with a few weeks of training. Now that I think about it, that sounds pretty special (and valuable) to me.

I actually agree with the guy. To prove his point, all he has to do is point to the long line of FSI and Riddle starry eyed wonder pilots that don't need cost of living adjustments to fly a 717. All they need is a crashpad, beer money, and the "I fly big jets" line to use on some ding-dong at the bar on Saturday night.

There's what, about 200 scabs flying for Airtran that were hired by the parent company Valujet. Airtran management knows these people will not honor a picket line. The national arbitrator knows it and pilots of other airlines like myself know it too. You get what you pay for.

Chuck Yogourt said:
There's what, about 200 scabs flying for Airtran that were hired by the parent company Valujet. Airtran management knows these people will not honor a picket line. The national arbitrator knows it and pilots of other airlines like myself know it too. You get what you pay for.

Its a lot less than that Chuck A-hole. Why dont you go pick on Continental and the 700 or so scabs that are now in good standing with ALPA.

cl65capt said:
Its a lot less than that Chuck A-hole. Why dont you go pick on Continental and the 700 or so scabs that are now in good standing with ALPA.

OOOHHHHH!!!! Touched a nerve. Why do you Airtran people get all worked up when the "Scab" stuff is thrown in your face? Who cares? I don't. I have long thought that Ty (I'm an Idiot) Webb was a scab by reading some of his post. I would suggest you go to your room and calm down.

Chuck Yogourt said:
OOOHHHHH!!!! Touched a nerve. Why do you Airtran people get all worked up when the "Scab" stuff is thrown in your face? Who cares? I don't. I have long thought that Ty (I'm an Idiot) Webb was a scab by reading some of his post. I would suggest you go to your room and calm down.

You didnt touch a nerve with me, I was just pointing out a fact. It gets old everytime I get on here and read a thread about my company and there you are with something negative to say. I wasnt getting worked up either. Oh and if you dont care, why bring it up. Tell the truth Chuck, what is your real beef with Airtran?

cl65capt said:
You didnt touch a nerve with me, I was just pointing out a fact. It gets old everytime I get on here and read a thread about my company and there you are with something negative to say. I wasnt getting worked up either. Oh and if you dont care, why bring it up. Tell the truth Chuck, what is your real beef with Airtran?

You. There, you happy?

Chuck Yogourt said:
You. There, you happy?

Yes, thanks you made my day. Maybe someday youll grow a pair and tell us all why you hate Airtran so much but if you'd like to blame me thats just fine.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back