Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Tran or Flexjet? (Also posted on the frac board)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i've know a guy that left Colgan for Flex Jet and regretted it. I have only heard negative about Flex Jet. Though this was almost 2 years ago.

Are you kidding me? Anything would be an improvement over Colgan. Perhaps he didn't live in one of their domiciles and he had to commute - that's never good. I would think going from a Beech or Slaab to a nice Lear/Challenger would be a step up but I guess I am wrong. I hope he returned to Colgan to fly to his 10-15 destinations and cruising altitude of 15K.

As far as Flex is concerned, I have heard good and bad but I think things are getting better. With the new Netjets TA you can expect things to get better at all of the frax companies - if not, people will leave for Netjets. Flex's management knows that. I forsee both a salary and a QOL bump at some point. That said, fractional flying is very different from 121 flying and you need to recognize that - very adhoc in nature. There are plenty of Flex guys on these forums and I would send PMs to all of them to get the positives and negatives.

As far as the commute, do yourself a favor and avoid it if you can. I wouldn't choose Air Tran if I had to travel from DEN. If you do go to Flex and you have a choice of aircraft (rare but it happens now and then from what I have heard), go for the Challenger 300 or 604/606. I hear the 300 fleet is busy because it is a very popular airplane with the owners. Check it out:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?...RNA ZBQR)) beqre ol cubgb_vq QRFP&photo_nr=1

I would go to Flex and not commute from Denver. Let us know what you choose. Good luck!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies. I really appreciate the input.

On your Six, thanks for the well thought out responses, and from an Eagle/Bone guy no less, wow. :)

I just dislike commuting so much that I think this decision was made before I posted the thread. Also, I think for my personality, fractional flying will be the best fit. I've flown 121, and the monotony makes the days long.

All companies have their good and bad, but as I've seen posted before, as long as their's cold beer at the end of the day, then I'll be ok!

Last edited:
Why not try for Netjets? DEN will be available as a gateway airport after the TA is signed, and they have an amazing contract.

What airline you work for, missing a flight at fredex is the same as reporting for the firing squad. guess who gets the blind fold.

I guess you must be waking up and didn't see the parentheses (not my airline) in my statement. Talk to some other guys with that particular secton in their contract.

BTW, Can't you guys book your jumpseat several days in advance and what's the deal with the travel bank?

Last edited:
I agree with OYS. Given that you already live in Denver and you could be based out of Denver with Flexjet, I'd go there. Plus, flying celebrities to exotic locations in high performance Lears and Challengers wouldn't be too bad.

I hope Flex's schedule someday changes to 7/7 (at least offers that option) - that would make it more appealing to me.

I'd go there. Plus, flying celebrities to exotic locations in high performance Lears and Challengers wouldn't be too bad.

That gets old after a while too. Just like flying into FNT and CAK.

Came from 121. Been on the lr-45 4 months. So far the easiest job I have ever had! Sure there are some long days, but there are also a lot of easy days. And I am not flyng those d@#n canned routes anymore! The people at flexjet are really great also.

Came from 121. Been on the lr-45 4 months. So far the easiest job I have ever had! Sure there are some long days, but there are also a lot of easy days. And I am not flyng those d@#n canned routes anymore! The people at flexjet are really great also.

I hear there is a lot of movement onto the Challenger 300 too due to very high owner demand for the airplane. That 300 is a nice airplane...

How many Lear 60XRs are you guys getting through the end of 08?

not sure about the 60xrs. A lot of people predict the 60 fleet to continue shrinking. As far as the 300 is concerned, they can't get them fast enough. People are waiting in line. I do know we are taking the bulk of our deliveries through the rest of this year.

I came from the 121 world as well, and so far I love it. I am on the CL300 and yes they do fly a lot so there is a good opportunity to make some extra cash if u want to fly. The CL300 is a beautiful bird and there is a lot of demand for it. Everyone here at Flex has been really nice to me.
And before anyone starts to accuse me….Yes there are some things that need to be change here and hopefully it will happen soon. Now flying the line…….. there are some bad days too just like everywhere else, but for me is nothing like what I was use to.

If you need more information, I know someone base in Denver that I can ask.
PM me.

Good luck on your decision

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back