Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Tran or Flexjet? (Also posted on the frac board)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BAT31

If presented with a job offer at both, would it be Air Tran or Flexjet? Apples to oranges, sure, but compare anyway.

Any opinoins? (Air Tran would mean a commute)

Thanks

Anything that is gonna make you commute is gonna lower your QOL. In that case, I would take flexjet.

I haven't heard too many good things about FlexJet, but I'm no expert on the Fracs. Where would you be commuting from for AirTran?

I'd don't know that much about Flex, but I do know about commuting 3+ hours and changing 3 time zones and it stinks. Unless you planned on moving to Hot-Lanta or Air Tran opened another base, I'd think twice about it.

Yeah, that commute would be rough. I guess it just depends on how bad things are at Flexjet. Do they have a union and a contract yet? If the choice was Netjets, then it would be a no-brainer, but I'm not sure about Flexjet.

I see a lot of people in the fractional business say they don't commute. BS. Almost every fractional pilot has to commute or deadhead to and from their airplane. The difference is that they commute on a possitive space ticket from their gateway. Airline pilots who choose to commute do the same thing except they either sit in first class or the flight deck when coach is full. Commuting sucks either way, so if you don't want to commute there is only one choice: go to work for an airline and live in domicile.

I see a lot of people in the fractional business say they don't commute. BS. Almost every fractional pilot has to commute or deadhead to and from their airplane. The difference is that they commute on a possitive space ticket from their gateway.

Um the frac pilot does this on the companies time not his/her own time. It is not considered commuting when the company buys your ticket and sends you to your airplane on a scheduled day of work. That is no different then being dead headed on the first leg of a pairing. Also, when I flew at a frac. most of the time I sat in first class or exit seat.

Don't be confused. Not a dig at fractional guys. Thicken up the skin. I commute in on the first day of my trip and am home on the last day of my trip. Riding in the back of an airplane to and from work is commuting the same whether the company buys the ticket or not, or whether you are paid salary or block time unless you are travelling on hard days off.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back