• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Tran Bid: Is it closed? Results?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yep. And it takes SWA guys 30 days to cast an electronic vote.

I see you're familiar with SWAPA I.T.

Apparently they learned everything they know from SWA I.T.

If you Airtran guys are used to functional and fast corporate and union I.T. now would be the time to significantly lower your expectations.

They're out.

The full list isn't available yet, you can only see your own domicile, but it looks like it went pretty close to straight-line seniority for 717CA / 737FO / 717FO, indicating that few pilots are concerned of the threat that the 717 will suddenly disappear and threaten furloughs.

Jan will bid for Feb transitions 737 to 717 on the AirTran side, then the Feb bid will commence for a March class date for transitioning pilots to Southwest. We'll know who's going to class first on Feb 16th or thereabouts.

It's also interesting that although mid-level SWA 737 F/O's will make more if they "work the system", and our pilots are aware of that, almost every pilot that COULD remain a 717 Captain did so, even though they could have been a mid-level or even senior F/O.

Indicates the CA seat was more important than the extra money as a F/O working the system.

It's also interesting that although mid-level SWA 737 F/O's will make more if they "work the system", and our pilots are aware of that, almost every pilot that COULD remain a 717 Captain did so, even though they could have been a mid-level or even senior F/O.

Indicates the CA seat was more important than the extra money as a F/O working the system.

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but this is pretty much what -I- figured would happen.

Good luck to all.

Bubba

I think you missed some motivations. There is certainly a demographic that wanted to "hold onto their seat". We both know which demographic. However, i think that many found more value in not commuting. There is also a segment that will hold CA pay in 2015 until they are booted off again.

Cheers

Some, for certain, wanted to stay in ATL and not commute, however only the top 225 in each seat will get to stay in ATL, which doesn't account for even close to everyone who bid that way.

Just pointing out that there were many in the top 353 who could have made more money bidding and going early to 737 F/O, playing the system as a senior 737 F/O, then re-bidding in Jan 2015 to 737 CA since their seniority WILL hold it on 1/1/15. They chose to go to the 717 left seat rather than make more money playing the system.

Just an observation... Not hugely surprised, either.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back