• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Tran and Delta Jump Seat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SWA doesn't charge a change fee and it is still profitable, and was profitable enough to buy AirTran!
You say SWA doesn't charge a fee, but they will charge the "difference in fare" which is usually quite considerable preventing what AAI was experiencing in where customers buy the inconvenient flight for 1/2 price and then just wait for standby for the better flight to get a discount.

Bottom line, no free ride. And FWIW, I had an AAI gate agent walk me down with the final #s sheet, write my info on his hand in pen and let me on to the jet as I walked up just as the door was closing, even more than I had expected.

You do realize that SW does charge a pax trying to change a fight the new flight fee? The new fee is often much more than the typical €75 charged by other airlines to switch flights.

I was talking about Airtran only. Southwest will charge a fare difference(as stated above) if there is one, and typically there is.

SWA doesn't charge a change fee and it is still profitable, and was profitable enough to buy AirTran!

You say SWA doesn't charge a fee, but they will charge the "difference in fare" which is usually quite considerable preventing what AAI was experiencing in where customers buy the inconvenient flight for 1/2 price and then just wait for standby for the better flight to get a discount.
Oops... *snicker*

I was going to ask what your point was Tanker (since it wasn't relevant to the discussion of non-revving on AirTran), but... ;)

While most are pretty accommodating, AirTran still has some gate agents that don't seem to understand that the jumpseat is at the Captain's discretion, not theirs. If showing up before boarding starts, with a smile and a "hello" don't seem to achieve the desired results, grab any AirTran pilot. We'll be glad to make sure you get on board.

Those peeps are going to have a hard time if they have a job at SWA. That crap will not be tolerated.

I like the pillowcases you see sometimes on the early, early Vegas departures.

It's the wholly sh*t, I've got a flight to catch!

Latest resources

Back