Air Tahoma.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Nick5600

What ever happend to Air Tahoma's aircraft? Did the Rude family find someone else to operate them?

Air Tahoma threads are back from the dead!! Corporate Air got the 580's, but last I heard they were having problems getting them on their certificate. Someone said RW was up in Billings helping them out. The 240's last I heard were being operated by Rhoades of all places down in Puerto Rico. The Rudes sold N153PA to Dennis and it's now being operated out of ANC with Desert Air. I always wondered what happened to the hulk of N882P and the other two 580's that were rotting around the bone yard at LCK.

Last edited:
Nice to see you guys again, we'll need to start planning a 10-year reunion soon! :eek:

I see N153PA at the East end of ANC every time we get up there, been meaning to knock on the door at Desert Air and see if they'll let me check it out. Heard a rumor that Desert Air overhauled both engines right after they acquired it because they were in such bad shape.

Didn't Corporate Air recently post an ad looking for CV-580 pilots?

153 sat behind the hangar the whole time I was there and never moved, so I don't doubt those motors were trashed. I remember flying 99380 out of storage and we had a ton of problems with it, so I can only imagine! I got a message off board from another old Convair driver that said 380 was being parted out in Puerto Rico. But for the whereabouts of N150/156PA I do not know.

We should have an Air Tahoma survivors reunion. I run into Royce F. quite regularly at ALPA functions. It is funny to me to find just how many different airlines have union officers that were Air Tahoma alums... Bud would be proud of us i'm sure!

As for the 580's they very well may be finally getting them on their ticket. I talked to M&L at Corporate Air a couple of years ago trying to get the 580's going, and actually thought about taking the job for a few short seconds, but turned it down. Rick is apparently up there in Billings helping out, probably still trying to figure out where his filipino wife went...

Air Tahoma Convair 580

Hey guys,

Yesterday someone was out on the Air Tahoma ramp doing a maintenance run on one of the 580's that was left on their ramp. First time in a couple years I've seen any movement from across the way. Though I've no idea who "someone" was.

Shawn

How long should a pilot have flown there to be considered an alum? I was there for about 5-6 months on the 580, then I went to a pax carrier as street capt. The pax outfit went TU a few months later- talk about bad karma. I think I met the crew from the CVG crash just before leaving AT.

Anyway, I still get back to CMH once in a while. If any reunions are planned, I'd bring the chips or the beer, but not both!

Latest resources

Back