Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jeez...it's not THAT bad

Jeez...it's not THAT bad....

The D.O. went to IFL beacuse he turned 60 and ATI is Part 121 so he couldn't fly here. You're right, nobody is getting rich at Air Tahoma except the owners, but there was no furlough on 9/11 when a lot of pilots were walking the streets and the upgrade can be fast. Three 580s operate on a DHL contract so you're home every night and have all weekends and holidays off. Jumpseat privileges are pretty good and getting better. No dream job but I have seen worse...

Jaymac,

Thanks for chimin in. Actually I don't believe it's THAT bad myself coz I've been in the biz awhile and I've seen BAAAD. It's possible that the guy's roommate had a scare or something.

The piston Convairs that I flew had the usual ailments: bad jugs, exhaust leaks, faulty prop governors, ect. Nothing too major though. I'll bet the Allisons run nice. Plenty of power anyway. Jack sounds like a nice guy, although I didn't talk to him very long. Anyway...happy flying.

Let us know what you find out, I'd sure be interested to learn a bit. I'd take a 240 over a 580 any day (but I'm young and didn't get my A&P to not change cylinders!)

Dan

Latest resources

Back