Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FR8ROCKS

Does Anyone have info on them....
Hiring mins, Bases, type of operation....I.E. Work for them or stay away them, pay, etc

Thanks

Someone who used to be around the boards here was an FO on the 240s for them.

Sounded like a pretty sweet place to work if you ask me (but then, I want to fly radial engines).

Don't know anything about pay or any of that other stuff, I just know that they have 240s and 580s. The 240 guys were all domiciles in Columbus, and I don't know about the 580s.

Although, at the time I had 600 hours and that was real, real low time for them. He said that he was hired at 800 hours or so, but that was pre-September...

I'd sure like to work for them!

Dan

I did'nt fly for AT but worked pretty closely with their pilots. The pay was good for freight. The only draw back for me to send an app in was they require you to work dispatch 6 months before any flying. This was a couple of years ago and might be a little different now. Good company though. Never heard of any problems with them.
Jimbo

Dont really know much about them really except for the aforementioned stuff. Another 580 operator to look at would be IFL in PTK. Good Company, Good Pay/Benefits and GREAT AIRCRAFT!!!! Had a lot of fun when I was there. Good Luck!

I called their chief pilot up couple months ago, and they offered me dispatch for 6 -12 months, then fly line. I declined at the time, because I was low total time, and I was cfiing. I'm trying to get on board now with another cv-340 and cv-580 operator. I wonder if anyone knows their multi-engine insurance min. for 240 or 340 for that matter.

Thanks

Hey FR8 ROCKS: About all I know is that they have about 4 CV-580s and 3 or 4 CV-240s.

They do both non-sched and contract work. The contracts are with DHL. Maybe some UPS or USPS contracts during peak season, but not certain of it.

I talked to the D.O. (briefly) by phone recently and am set to interview for a captain position soon.

Am also looking for much the same info that you requested.

Plus:

Bennies (Med? Dental?)

Jumpseat (can one hitch a ride on DHL, ect?)

Pay during training? Duty pay?

Schedule (days off? rotation?)

Decent folks to work for?

-Breeze

:)

I'm still rolling that you've flown a lawnchair with balloons attached, that **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** is great! Man that would've been a sight, what was that dude thinking?

I don't what he was on, but he had more balls than me.

That was back in '82 and I'm suprised no one's tried it since. You'd think a bunch of frat boys would do something like it.

adf,

Thanks for the heads-up. I figured the 240s weren't all that. In fact it's hard to believe they're still flying at all- with parts so scarce, mechanics not radial trained nowadays, ect. As for the dispatch, I MIGHT have tolerated it back when I instructed and had jack-s**t for multi time, but not now. With my present quals I'm looking at the turbine 580s with a quick upgrade to left seat. I can't imagine anyone being short on captains these days, unless the operation is THAT bad. I'll find out soon.

Thanks, Breeze

Latest resources

Back