• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Now?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Aric won his suit up in BGR. It's one of the few times the maine human rights comission has awarded a judgment under the whistleblower act.

Just shows how screwed up things are at airnow.

Hey Hung,

Yeah, working at Northland was my first 135 experience and it was hard fought to get in there. Would you f'n believe? It was spring of 1995 and pilots weren't a dime a dozen, they were a PENNY a dozen. I had instructed at two USAFB's, one at KBED and the other at KCHS and things were so dismal, I was getting ready to give up. When my CFII got hired at Chatauqua, he recommended me for the position. Northland required an ATP with 200 hours in the C-310R...HA HA HA. Compare that to today's environment of PCL hiring Gulfstreamers with 500 hours.

Anyways, I did the summer of '95 flying out of ISP for Pablo and after several thunderstorm penetrations, I was anxious for winter. Then, the engines started making metal and overheating. That was when life got ugly. I hung on for 4 more months but ended up quitting flying at the end of January 1996. I enjoyed my furlough from prison until late 1997 when the hiring boom Kit Darby talked about all through the 90's, finally kicked in. The only job a non-current former freighter could attain was at good ole Business Airfreight. Go figure, 2 years later I'm sharing the pilot lounge with Pablo's guys at Signature Albany, NY. Flying the same routes, in the same equipment. The highlight of my career was when the CP at AirNow took me through the treetops during my C-310R requalification!!! You should have been there!

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Life's paradox!

Oh, almost forgot. Northland is out of business now, for about 3 years. They had a crash at EEN (as did Business Airfreight) and after that the Feds were all over Pablo like stink on you know what!

Yeah, was very sad. I knew Fernando, and I know he didn't go easily. I just couldn't believe the crap that Pablo put out there, sad but reality caught up. And you probably sat with me in ALB a night or two.

Glad you did ok.

Regards
Hung

Airnow is a really good company, been there almost 3yrs. Recently they have had run of hmmm, bad luck to be poloite, but the company is sound. Mx is great whenever I've had a problem it's gotten fixed, and there has never been any pressure to fly with a broken airplane. I don't know the exact details of Arics deal but he cried fowl on more than one occasion, and I am pretty sure he won because there was not proper documentation for all the preceeding issues he and the company had.

Hung Start said:
Cokie:

If your name indicates you worked for that 310 operator out of Albany, then you have seen bad maintenance first hand. That guy had to be the winner!!!
I bet Airnow looked like the Rolls Royce of repairs compaired to the other guy.

Hung

Hey hung start:

that ALB 310 guy you're talking about, was he, perhaps, mmhh, how to put this so as not to pi$$ off the politically correct crowd?, was he puerto rican?

Cokie907 said:
Hey Hung,

Yeah, working at Northland was my first 135 experience and it was hard fought to get in there. Would you f'n believe? It was spring of 1995 and pilots weren't a dime a dozen, they were a PENNY a dozen. I had instructed at two USAFB's, one at KBED and the other at KCHS and things were so dismal, I was getting ready to give up. When my CFII got hired at Chatauqua, he recommended me for the position. Northland required an ATP with 200 hours in the C-310R...HA HA HA. Compare that to today's environment of PCL hiring Gulfstreamers with 500 hours.

Anyways, I did the summer of '95 flying out of ISP for Pablo and after several thunderstorm penetrations, I was anxious for winter. Then, the engines started making metal and overheating. That was when life got ugly. I hung on for 4 more months but ended up quitting flying at the end of January 1996. I enjoyed my furlough from prison until late 1997 when the hiring boom Kit Darby talked about all through the 90's, finally kicked in. The only job a non-current former freighter could attain was at good ole Business Airfreight. Go figure, 2 years later I'm sharing the pilot lounge with Pablo's guys at Signature Albany, NY. Flying the same routes, in the same equipment. The highlight of my career was when the CP at AirNow took me through the treetops during my C-310R requalification!!! You should have been there!

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Life's paradox!

Oh, almost forgot. Northland is out of business now, for about 3 years. They had a crash at EEN (as did Business Airfreight) and after that the Feds were all over Pablo like stink on you know what!

hey cookie,

i flew for pablo for a very short while in, spring 2001, i think. the dude that was his chief pilot, he looked like a squirrel, and, man i can't remember, but he was a really weird guy.

that was definitely an interesting time flying the puerto rican low riders (pablo's two 310).
everybody hated the guy, especially the signature at albany.

whatever happened to pablo, he just disappeared overnight, it seemed?

Act:

Si Ameigo.

And I remember his CP very well, we used to call him "Major". Hair cropped way too tight. After Pablo went out I think he ended up at Alpha Flying in MHT. Not sure where he is now.

Last edited:
yes, the owner was Pablo and he was Puerto Rican. his chief back then was a crusty old curmudgeon named Ron W. and i'll reserve any further comment on him at this time.

i have no idea who the cp was in 2001 but i do know that after the EEN crash when the guy got burned up and died, that was the beginning of the end for Northland Aviation. the Feds swooped in and started going over everything with a finetooth comb. eventually, Key cancelled the contracts and Pablo had to liquidate to pay off his bills sometime around spring 2003, i think.

last i heard, in summer of 2004, Pablo was working as a Saab 340 FO for Shuttle America. (before that, he had been stocking shelves at the Wal Mart over in E. Greenbush, NY!!! ha ha)

its a small world and even smaller in aviation, not hard to keep tabs on people i suppose!

regards, cokie907

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back