• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Now?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They recently lost a lawsuit in Binghamton?, NY. They fired a pilot who refused to fly for safety reasons. They claimed they fired him for other reasons; the pilot won.

Turns out they wanted him to do his night cargo run without an operable altimeter.

They also lost 2 airplanes recently. Both pilots survived though.

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt! Yes, they have had a couple of crashes. I think they were both bandits, one at Keene and another at Manchester.

I was there from Feb 1998 to Jun 1999 and the only good thing I can say is that the job enabled me to discover Knoxville, TN (TYS). Thank God! Oh, and flying the EMB 110 single-pilot was a blast so long as I wasn't falling asleep at the yoke.

The lifestyle was miserable on scheduled runs but even more miserable on charter where they could call you at anytime with a "wheels up time" of 45 minutes from pager notification. A couple of days would go by without a call and then the pager would go off at 2am....so up and at em, grab that bag and off ya go. Then they own you for the next 14 hours of duty, which means you stay up working until 4pm. You get the idea....

My advice? In today's environment of regionals hiring like crazy, get hired by one and build SENIORITY while you build experience. If you LIVE IN BASE, you will actually have some fun times, a social life (with flight attendants and their friends) and not look back with tons of regrets 7 years later like I do.

Airnow

You forgot about the most recent EMB 110 crash in South Carolina about 6 weeks ago. I think she ran out of gas.

CheeseDick said:
They recently lost a lawsuit in Binghamton?, NY. They fired a pilot who refused to fly for safety reasons. They claimed they fired him for other reasons; the pilot won.

Turns out they wanted him to do his night cargo run without an operable altimeter.

The lawsuit was in Maine. Bangor I think.

Do a search here on AirNow. All the info you need. They've been beat up pretty good.

I flew for them for a very short while. I would NOT advise anyone to go there but thats just my opinion.In my expierience with them the MX was simply awful, and management was no better.If you want to fly in that part of the country talk to Wiggins Airways.For about the same pay as airnow you could go with Colgan in the same area too. I hope this helps, good luck.

Cokie907 said:
Been there, done that, got the T-shirt! Yes, they have had a couple of crashes. I think they were both bandits, one at Keene and another at Manchester.

I was there from Feb 1998 to Jun 1999 and the only good thing I can say is that the job enabled me to discover Knoxville, TN (TYS). Thank God! Oh, and flying the EMB 110 single-pilot was a blast so long as I wasn't falling asleep at the yoke.

The lifestyle was miserable on scheduled runs but even more miserable on charter where they could call you at anytime with a "wheels up time" of 45 minutes from pager notification. A couple of days would go by without a call and then the pager would go off at 2am....so up and at em, grab that bag and off ya go. Then they own you for the next 14 hours of duty, which means you stay up working until 4pm. You get the idea....

My advice? In today's environment of regionals hiring like crazy, get hired by one and build SENIORITY while you build experience. If you LIVE IN BASE, you will actually have some fun times, a social life (with flight attendants and their friends) and not look back with tons of regrets 7 years later like I do.

Plankey, you're alive! give your BOY a call :)

Keene crash back in Jan 05 - Pilot killed
2 October? accidents - One in MHT, NH - Pilot hurt but alive; the other was in SC i beleive and she walked away (fuel starvation).

All of the above in the E110. Not so good.

Cokie:

If your name indicates you worked for that 310 operator out of Albany, then you have seen bad maintenance first hand. That guy had to be the winner!!!
I bet Airnow looked like the Rolls Royce of repairs compaired to the other guy.

Hung

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back