Air Midwest Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
skootertrash said:
Christ I knew you guys had 13 bid periods a year but only a 70-fuking hour garantee!!!!!! Jesus you people suck a$$

12 bids x 75hr guarantee = 900 hours/year

13 bids x 70hr guarantee = 910 hours/year

The problem with this is what again?

Sticky,
Do the airlineapps.com for Mesa. They are opening a philly Dash-8 base (small like 10 crews), but apparently they are having problems staffing it. There are also like 5 or more other bases in the northeast opening as well. It will be on the freedom certificate and in delta colors. I believe it should be easy to hold PHL for you as an FO. Heck, you'll probably upgrade in a year.

Good Luck

Sticky said:
Basically, I have no idea what the next move should be. Hold out for CoEx, or go to MESA soon. What would you guys recommend? I like to hear all ideas!

The answer to this question is easy, go to Air Wiskey. Based in PHL (at some point), excellent contract and they have been hiring on and off for awhile. You probably won't make 33K first yr but you will second and it goes up from there. -Bean (a Mesa pilot)

PS Don't go to Mesa. We need everyone out there to NOT go to Mesa.

dondk said:
as a former AMW pilot.. both opinions of the above "can" be true.

MESA calls the shots and they put you where you are needed. Currently the 1900 is very short and many 1900 Captains have been awarded the jet and are awaiting class dates (held back a few times now).

Based on that.. my "guess" (and this is talking to former classmates who are current 1900 captains with ERJ CA awards) is the 1900 will still be needing pilots for a some time to come. But, be forewarned.. MESA can put you where they need you (equipment wise). 1/2 of my class was destined to the ERJ and 48 hours before the start of class they got the call that the 1900 was where they were going.

As for domicile.. bid them all, that is what they will tell you and you will get whatever is open.

All true, but the good thing about AMW (unlike the rest of MAG) is that you are hired into that certificate, so you will know when they offer the job if it's AMW or Mesa/Freedom Airlines. You don't have to quit your current job and show up for training to find what airplane you will get.

If they offer Mesa/Freedom, you could politely ask for AMW, they may accomodate. If not, you don't have to accept the job.

Being a corporate rat some of the language is foreign to me, so sorry for asking a stupid question but what comprises a "bid period?". Obviously this seems to have a large affect on yearly income so while looking at payscales it would be helpful to know.

Thanks

Latest resources

Back