Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Never Trust A Monkey
Howdy-

Anybody here with Air Midwest currently? I've searched the forums and seems like its not a bad place to start. Basically, I'm looking for pay scales, pilot bases, upgrade time, and general work environment. Right now, I have 1100 TT and 300 Mult. In 4 months, I should have 1400 and 600. Of course, if you guys have any other company ideas, let me know.

Thanks in advance-
Mike

Air Midwest is owned by Mesa Air Group...seperate operating certificate, same CEO.

In order to join the Air Midwest side you have to interview with Mesa and while there make sure you tell that that you really want the Beech (I did that for many reasons, and here I am).

Pay and bases are all listed under the Mesa contract. Currently FO pay is $18.15 - 70hr guarantee - 13 bids/yr

Captain upgrades are fast, 4 in my newhire class have been awarded upgrade class (12-15 newhire). Bases, usually Dubois is the junior base however I was awarded my #1 choice in 3 months.

Interview, get the offer for the Beech and then make your decision. No one else is going to offer turbine PIC in such a quick time...but then everyone want's different things from their employeer. In my opinion QOL is key not pay or size of aircraft...But that's my personal opinion.

Either way, good luck to you!

I don't believe you will have a choice since as the above poster mentioned that you must still interview in PHX, and from what I have heard they will put you where they need you based on staffing levels and where they are short on crews. You may request the 1900 but if they need you in the D8, CRJ, or ERJ you can be assured that is where you are going to go regardless of your wishes and desires. A good friend of mine is a former training captain there at AMW that is now a 7/900 captain and atleast that is the information that he has relayed. It seems to be based on "need" versus anything else. He did state that the entire April 29th class all got the Beech so it is quite possible that you may be lucky enough to get into there if that is where you are hoping for.

good luck

3 5 0

as a former AMW pilot.. both opinions of the above "can" be true.

MESA calls the shots and they put you where you are needed. Currently the 1900 is very short and many 1900 Captains have been awarded the jet and are awaiting class dates (held back a few times now).

Based on that.. my "guess" (and this is talking to former classmates who are current 1900 captains with ERJ CA awards) is the 1900 will still be needing pilots for a some time to come. But, be forewarned.. MESA can put you where they need you (equipment wise). 1/2 of my class was destined to the ERJ and 48 hours before the start of class they got the call that the 1900 was where they were going.

As for domicile.. bid them all, that is what they will tell you and you will get whatever is open.

Lower time guys most of the time go to the jet because they cant upgrade. Anybody able to meet CA min. could go to the BE1900 or D-8.

Wow guys, thanks! I didn't expect such quick responses. I didn't know AMW was MESA. Don't know how I feel about that. Anyway...I guess the big question is what to do with 1400 TT and 600 Mult. Would CoEx be a realistic hope? I do live in PHL and pull in $33,000 driving Aztecs day VFR, so moving to PHX for $16,000 seems crazy.

Basically, I have no idea what the next move should be. Hold out for CoEx, or go to MESA soon. What would you guys recommend? I like to hear all ideas!

BTW...I'm sure you guys hear these questions all the time, you've probably asked them yourself too. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:
A good friend of mine is a former training captain there at AMW that is now a 7/900 captain and atleast that is the information that he has relayed.
3 5 0 [/B]

So are you saying he's a Freedom Scum bag? Would we be able to find his name amungst the list of 86 others?

Christ I knew you guys had 13 bid periods a year but only a 70-fuking hour garantee!!!!!! Jesus you people suck a$$

Unless things have changed at MESA (AMW).. ATP (1500/300) will get you a Left seat pretty quick.

Many of Mesa's schedules are usually not real commuter friendly, so wherever your based your either going to have a crash pad or set up shop for a while. Now some of the "garden spots" are actually down right affordable, although they are not going to be a Philly.

PHX and some of West coast and Florida bases your not going to get into immediately, so don't worry about moving anyway.

It really depends on where you want to live or how you want to live. COEX is a good company, so there is nothing wrong looking at them seriously.

So are you saying he's a Freedom Scum bag? Would we be able to find his name amungst the list of 86 others?

Hmmm.... Try again?. Simple answer is NO. He did not go over there until after the contract was passed. He was not among the original group. He is far from the above. How nieve one can be to the facts?-

3 5 0

Last edited:
skootertrash said:

Christ I knew you guys had 13 bid periods a year but only a 70-fuking hour garantee!!!!!! Jesus you people suck a$$

Here's what I suggest...

First, get to know a thing or two before posting.

Second, go to your happy place.

Latest resources

Back