Air Inc- Waist of money?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Skaff

Fed Ex, UPS, and Southwest are supposed to be at the next air inc conference. Do they actually hire from these conferences or is it just a waist of money?

Yes. They are looking for what they want. If you match their interests you will be called.

Let me rephrase that. Yes. I got on with the majors that way. I had a friend who after he was furloughed from USair about 4 years ago must of sent 100 resume and did not get one response. He went to one of these and was offered 5 interviews.

Air Inc has a pretty good service. They helped me out when I needed to find a job. Well worth the money spent and they have a very good grasp on who is hiring in the industry.

It should be 'waste' of money, sorry just had to. I think not, it worked for me. Money well spent (if you can stomach Mr. UAL spew for a few hours). Got the resume to the right people. Good luck.

I went to one in March more or less thinking i was wasting my money. 2 weeks later swa called...i'm there now. I only knew a few junior fo's, didn't have the type and I wasn't an IP, so I think it definately helped out and was probably the reason i got the interview. Good luck to you if you decide to go.

seems to me that there is no substitute for being face to face with people who make the hiring decisions, or at least their gatekeepers.

The main thing is realizing if you are really meeting what they are looking for. Then it is worth the money. Know whether you are competitive. The hard part is that they show up whether or not they have or are seeking people. The fact they are there is not necessarily indicating that they are hiring. It costs them little so they show up.

Well, I don't know if they are a "waist" of money, but I highly recommend you pay to have your resume' and other paperwork spell-checked before any future interviews.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back