• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AIR, Inc Ceasing Operations.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How much you wanna bet that Kit has his fingers in fltops.com somehow.

Every job I ever got in GA (2 positions) and the airlines (2 more jobs) was over a beer somewhere after a conversation where I was given contacts and names to drop when I called.
Not answering stupid interview questions given in an Air Inc book like "If you were a tree what kind would you be?".

Last edited:
did everyone on this thread get hired by age 28 (average airline pilot new-hire age) per Kit Darby's statistics?

remember a 30 year career is worth 8 Million

I know one guy

did everyone on this thread get hired by age 28 (average airline pilot new-hire age) per Kit Darby's statistics?

My PPC was hired by DAL in 1968, at age 26, no college degree. Never laid off, made Capt in 9 years. Retired after 32 years. Don't know about the 8M though. His secret, did not go to college. If he had gone to college after leaving the Navy in 1969, he would have been hired in 71 or 72 and had an entriely different career.

Maybe I should start a new kind of AIRinc with my spare time...

Of course I wouldn't rip anyone off but it'd be nice to have some truthful job-finding organizations around here right?

I was never impressed by the Airinc stuff but I don't think anyone was ever forced to buy it.

Anybody remember the old FAPA?

Future Aviation Professionals of America?

I'll admit it! I was a member of FAPA for a year in the '80's! Nothing came of it.

I got my jobs at Comair (1985) and TWA (1988) on my own.

Kit and AEPS were the pioneers in some of the job sites and information of the day. UPAS, an ALPA creation, and others could not sustain the ups and downs of the market. Kit relied on the pilots to pay much of the cost, AEPS, the airlines, and at one time or the other they were both down and uneconomical. AEPS was killed by ALPA who sold them a pig they lost their money on combined with 9/11. Kit could play all sides well.
While many may be critical, many got their jobs through these sites and companies. Like any service, it was your choice to participate and utilize.

I did. I was hired at my current airline at 26. I never used Air, Inc or anything like it. I work for a major in the process of merging with Delta. I guess I'm bringing his average age down, but 28 still seems low.

Kit was never my hero, but I will say this. Back in the day before the internet there were only a few ways to get the names and addresses that you needed to send the letter and resume in to get the paper application to apply for the job. Many of you never had the pleasure of that system, and at the risk of sounding like Grandpa, you are lucky. Alot of dog eared copies of FAPA address list were shared among alot of dog eared commuter pilots. USAP, FAPA and Air Inc's time has passed. But, there was a time when it served a purpose. I never bought into the hype, but I sure loved the addresses.

Jet

Latest resources

Back