Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air France Pilots Strike over Change in Age 60 Rule!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That explains all the pissed-off waiters in France- they all wanted to be pilots.

Bon apetite, MF! err . . mon frere

Waiters in France could be pissed at you if you order in English, which is probably what you would do.

I would get pissed if someone would talk to me in German or Chinese and expect me to understand it in this country.

Do a little traveling, there is a big world out there. You will be humbled at how much stuff you don't know.

You mean is a lot easier, because we have the lowest standards (both academic and medical) to obtain a pilots license here in the US

Easier to get a JAA license in the US as well I would guess given all the schools handing them out.

MCDU,

I am interested to know why if it sucks so bad here in the good ole USA why you will wait until your kids are out of school to leave? And don't give me that story about how the rest of the world is great if I just would get out a little. I flew international for years and now work as an expat. While I like my current job and enjoy the country that I work in, I have to tell you, if I could find a good job in the States I would be back in a heartbeat. My family stays here for exactly the same reason that yours probably does. All things considered it is the safest and best place I know of to raise children in the world.

Jet

Easier to get a JAA license in the US as well I would guess given all the schools handing them out.

Handing them? I think research is in order. The only place in the world that you can do a weekend course (4 hours per day) and get an ATP written Monday morning is here in the US. My contractors license was a 4 day ground school (5 hour each day) and two tests (one business management and one trade) and this is to be able to charge money to tile a floor. Like I said, our medical and academic standards to obtain a pilots license are a joke

Latest resources

Back