• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Force pilot bonus (ACP)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A little off topic, but hey, this is my thread... right?

I know the reserve ART pilot positions have the 30% bonus thing added to their pay, but do AGRs get to sign the same bonus as active duty?

ANG AGR's is identical program. Orders are amended.

IMHO best bet is go to 20, then airlines.

The lesson is, though, when I first saw the "airline comparison" spreadsheet in 1999, there was just NO comparison...you made so much more money at the airlines that it was ridiculous. You'd have to be dumb to stay until 20.

Now, that is just not the case AT ALL. The decision is significantly more difficult today.

That "Airline comparison spreadsheet" was NEVER valid. It only worked if you got on with one of a handful of legacy carriers and no economic bumps or bad management occured. No assumption was made for getting hired by TWA, Eastern, Braniff, USAir..........well you get the point. I looked at it in 1999 too and it didn't take long to realize it was trash.

Here's a few more scenarios you better include in your planning:

4. SWA stops hiring and doesn't call.

5. Get the SWA interview but not the job.

6. Furlough for 2 years then resume career track.

Good luck with your decisions, but with the volatility in the airline industry, keep in mind that the USAF and USN won't furlough. At least not without a big severance check.........

I forgot one:

7. Iran nukes Israel, oil goes to $200, management asks pilots to fly for minimum wage to keep ticket prices low.:eek:

Latest resources

Back