• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Force official rapped after nuclear flyover

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe some p.r. puke just wanted to break the story that Bush& Co. have a nice little surprise in store for Iran.

Was he really rapped? I thought that only went on at the academy.

What do you mean? I went to the Academy and I don't get what you're trying to say. Something funny? Ironic? What? Are you trying to say "raped?" That's the only thing I can think you're trying to say...but that would be stupid, since nothing like that really happened. Is that what you're getting at? Are we talking about nuclear weapons? Do you have an understanding of how the USAF goes about tracking munitions?

Your post went over my cranium....guess that's what I get for being a caveman fighter pilot.

But not as bad as blowing off the Records Management CBT.

Aaah but had they blown off Information Awareness they would NOT have been able to use their CAC PKI to log onto a computer and, therefore, NEVER had the chance to devise an ammo load for that aircraft that was in error, containing the 5 LIVE cruise missiles.

So...the morale of the story is..dont do your CBTs and you wont send 5 city-busters across the country.

WOW

As a former enlisted SAC nuke troop (463x0), I can tell you there were numerous checks and balances that would have prevented this from happening in the mid-80's. And with SAC, fear was the primary motivator. The troops responsible should go to jail, and it all starts with the sq/CC.

As I approach the end of my military career, I see more and more ridiculous stuff like this happen, stuff that wouldn't have ever happened when I first started out. Your job used to be #1, that's why you were there serving. Now your job seems to be more like an inconveinence that takes a back seat to PT, PME, OREs/ORIs, IGXs, ASEVS, UCIs, SAVs, spreadsheets, metrics, processes, additional duties and endless ancillary training. We (the USAF, at least) have become a force of square-fillers, people that survive their current duty assignment just long enough to get to their next one and leave a steaming pile of sh!t for the next guy to clean up.

Yes, General LeMay is rolling in his grave and so is every former SAC Warrior pilot, EWO, gunner, nuker, bomb loader/handler and maintainer that ever served with the deadliest military force the world has ever seen.

Hag

What do you mean? I went to the Academy and I don't get what you're trying to say. Something funny? Ironic? What? Are you trying to say "raped?" That's the only thing I can think you're trying to say...but that would be stupid, since nothing like that really happened. Is that what you're getting at? Are we talking about nuclear weapons? Do you have an understanding of how the USAF goes about tracking munitions?

Your post went over my cranium....guess that's what I get for being a caveman fighter pilot.

Little sensitive dude?? It's called a joke...I didn't know SNAPs were allowed in the raptor...

Little sensitive dude?? It's called a joke...I didn't know SNAPs were allowed in the raptor...

I didn't get the Academy reference, either. Thought it might be some kind of "inside joke" for non-zoomies. I'm glad you came to the rescue, though.

Latest resources

Back