Air Force Academy Welfare Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK, now I am ill.

I have to respond to this. Please... you military, ****your buddy, political Bas****s! I am sick of your pretentiousness. The ONLY reason why the Discovery Channel/ Hitler Channel/ Military Channel makes documentaries of you idiots, is because airplanes are more expensive to operate per hour than a bulldozer. Please, for one moment, consider the sheer mathematical FACTS of how many grunts over the history of the American conflict have given their lives and had their guts blasted and splattered all over their buddy on a regular basis compared to you Prima Donnas. You idiots were put on a pedestal in the early 40's to sell war bonds. That was back when people hoed corn and sowed oats by hand. Get over it. Morons with 350 hours are getting hired by ALL of the regionals now days. Barely teens with 300 total are dropping bombs on towelheads in the sand. Almost anybody who can get a plane unassisted from A to B with an NDB terminating approach, can complete military flight training. Some go to fighters, some haul MREs. The needs of the military dictate. It is no longer a job of elites. I work with people I am truly surprised have not killed themselves yet. Thank got for 2 man cockpits. There are good, bad and average in every job. If any other professional groups would peruse this childish message board for one month they could see what a collective bunch of idiots we are. And you...idiot, Ypsilanti war dude, freight dog, wanker, get over yourself. Anybody with a sense of professionalism can fly any plane they are trained and briefed to fly. We could all list every type of plane we've flown or looked at in our lives, some of us don't define ourselves by it. I am embarrassed to even admit I am a pilot because of you dorks. Stand strait, speak in complete sentences, stop shooting your watch and have some integrity. Nothing else matters. I watched in grief and horror in my time in the military how many soldiers and countless pieces of "equipment" were destroyed in the process of cross training some idiot, Butterbar, moron LT in order to bring them up to speed. There were National Guard units during the first Iraqi war that were never deployed because of field officer incompetence. A scammer is as bad as a project abiding welfare recipient. Stop rationalizing your lack or morality and intestinal fortitude, you limp bstrds! Former M1 tank commander, out!

and why should that matter to the US if they funded a regime like that?

So its OK for America to not only put missiles in the soviets backyard but its also ok to fund regimes hostile to the soviets but not have them do the same back?

and that had what to do with fighting for freedom?

how about the real "race"

the race to aquire and maintain ICBMs which the soviets were so far behind it was embarrassing... that is why any overflights or inspectors were denied by the USSR because they knew it would show them to be extremely weak

again, the US can put missiles in the soviets backyard but how dare they give you a taste of your own medicine?

and what did that have to do with fighting for freedom?

a sad attempt to keep their poor population from fleeing. what is your point exactly?

america rushing to berlin while the soviets fight all the hard battles all to get screwed with this whole occupation by both sides...

you couldn't find any fact based non-partisan to try to even say the USSR was not as oppressive as the Nazis

I'm just wondering exactly why its OK for America to fund oppressive regimes, engage in terrorist activities, etc. while how dare the USSR do the same and they are a threat to freedom! Please tell me all the countries America liberated successfully during that time, and I will explain the "true" reasons they entered, and hint, it had nothing to do with 'freedom'

but that is a discussion for another day, its unfortunate that people cannot learn the truth about history, they just believe whatever propaganda their favorite side feeds them

Hey Big Al... that was very well thought out response to my post however it was meaningless. My post was in response to your post #103 in which you said, "Commies trying to take over the world was a fabrication of the defense industry and it's supporters." So, I decided to give you specific examples from the cold war when it was quite clear that the Commies WERE actually spreading their political views and policies worldwide in an attempt to gain world domination over capitalism. Your long winded post in response tries shoot holes in each of the examples provided by linking it to a fight for freedom... you missed the point. Again, you say the commies weren't try to take over the world... I gave you some examples that clearly indicate that they were thinking about it at the very least.

I do have to laugh at your response to the Berlin wall... "a sad attempt to keep their poor population from fleeing. what is your point exactly?"

My point, sir, is that you are a complete buffoon if you think the sole purpose of that wall was to prevent people from going from point A to point B. It was a symbol of all that was wrong with communism. Granted, we have made mistakes over the years, but what we have here is the best thing going in the history of mankind. It's not perfect, but it is the better than anything that has come before it.

I have to respond to this. Please... you military, ****your buddy, political Bas****s! I am sick of your pretentiousness. The ONLY reason why the Discovery Channel/ Hitler Channel/ Military Channel makes documentaries of you idiots, is because airplanes are more expensive to operate per hour than a bulldozer. Please, for one moment, consider the sheer mathematical FACTS of how many grunts over the history of the American conflict have given their lives and had their guts blasted and splattered all over their buddy on a regular basis compared to you Prima Donnas. You idiots were put on a pedestal in the early 40's to sell war bonds. That was back when people hoed corn and sowed oats by hand. Get over it. Morons with 350 hours are getting hired by ALL of the regionals now days. Barely teens with 300 total are dropping bombs on towelheads in the sand. Almost anybody who can get a plane unassisted from A to B with an NDB terminating approach, can complete military flight training. Some go to fighters, some haul MREs. The needs of the military dictate. It is no longer a job of elites. I work with people I am truly surprised have not killed themselves yet. Thank got for 2 man cockpits. There are good, bad and average in every job. If any other professional groups would peruse this childish message board for one month they could see what a collective bunch of idiots we are. And you...idiot, Ypsilanti war dude, freight dog, wanker, get over yourself. Anybody with a sense of professionalism can fly any plane they are trained and briefed to fly. We could all list every type of plane we've flown or looked at in our lives, some of us don't define ourselves by it. I am embarrassed to even admit I am a pilot because of you dorks. Stand strait, speak in complete sentences, stop shooting your watch and have some integrity. Nothing else matters. I watched in grief and horror in my time in the military how many soldiers and countless pieces of "equipment" were destroyed in the process of cross training some idiot, Butterbar, moron LT in order to bring them up to speed. There were National Guard units during the first Iraqi war that were never deployed because of field officer incompetence. A scammer is as bad as a project abiding welfare recipient. Stop rationalizing your lack or morality and intestinal fortitude, you limp bstrds! Former M1 tank commander, out!

Hey Colonel Jessup... deep breaths dude. I am only going to engage one point in your rant and that is your reasoning that the ONLY reason why the Discovery Channel, etc have documentaries about airplanes and not bulldozers is because it costs more/hour to operate an airplane. Tell me Sir, if that's true why didn't you just continue to be fat, dumb and happy driving your M1 around? Or better yet actually drive a bulldozer for a living? What was it that attracted you to aviation? Probably the same thing that draws millions of people to airshows worldwide. I guess the folks at the Discovery Channel thought they could make some scratch from this facination that both YOU and the general public have with aviation. The day when thousands of folks pay money for admission to a construction site is the day the Discovery Channel will start cranking out documentaries about bulldozers.

Thank you for your service.

Last edited:
Anybody with a sense of professionalism can fly any plane they are trained and briefed to fly. We could all list every type of plane we've flown or looked at in our lives,

Then why the high wash out rate in military flight schools? I've seen some sharp/smart folks not make it.

I apoligize for my rant.

My post was at 0355 after a lot of Gin and Tonics and I got a little out of hand. I got out of the military pretty much because it disgusted me. Peoples lives are nothing more than action figures on a map, pushed around by politicians and generals. I just could not stomach it any more. Sorry to those of you that wear your service so proudly and blatantly on your flight bag, I chose not to. My service made me slightly left of center and cynical about almost any intervention I see my government take part of. I am a free thinker and I analyze situations before I believe what is fed to me from Fox or headline news. I am passionate about aviation. I do however not like the militarization of the airline world that I get my paycheck from. I fly a CIVIL registered airliner for a CIVILIAN passenger airline. It does not have air force gray nor European theater camouflage paint on the outside but yet a major percentage of the people I share the cockpit with act like it does. It is not a mission, it is a leg from a-b with humans in the back that get airsick if not flown around by a competent, smooth-handed aviator. My union and training department are pretty much run by former this-or-thats that seem to not be happy until there is a directive on which side of my leg my goods are supposed to hang on when I sit. About the allure of airshows around the world... Yep they are fun, I like them also. I don't, however, when I amongst my fellow aviator peers bore them with stories about back in the day. It amazes me that another pilot thinks I care to hear about his scary time in an airplane once. Please get to know your audience before you assume they are awed by your talent, it is embarrassing. Again, sorry for the rant, I wanted to delete it and end the misery it would bring me but the edit button disappeared.

My post was at 0355 after a lot of Gin and Tonics and I got a little out of hand. ...A good drink for malaria infested jungles.. Again, sorry for the rant, I wanted to delete it and end the misery it would bring me but the edit button disappeared.

Thanks for your service ... I'm sorry it wasn't a better experience. Many of us ex-military flyers also "enjoyed" careers that where not what the recruiter described. I can talk flying all day, but if we shared a cockpit I'd love to know about that tank ... or (even better) we could talk music.

I have zero problems with vets, I have problems with people who wear it on their shirt and demand you kiss their feet because they "risked their life for your freedom" nonsense.

I've never run into ANY person from the service that acted like they wanted me to kiss their feet. The only thing I noticed from a few military pilots is that some wonder "why" UPS hasn't called them after they had their application in for 2 weeks. It's kind of funny. But anyways......

Carry on....

Peoples lives are nothing more than action figures on a map, pushed around by politicians and generals.

Well, I have to agree with this. It's so sad to see all the pictures of KIDS that got killed in Iraq. I would like to see Bush send his little girls over that but you know that won't ever happen.

Well, I have to agree with this. It's so sad to see all the pictures of KIDS that got killed in Iraq. I would like to see Bush send his little girls over that but you know that won't ever happen.

Or, the other side of the political fence that admantly states that they support the troops.

Latest resources

Back