Air FLeet in NJ & part 141

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Guys,
Just food for thought. I did my commercial and my CFI at AirFleet Training Systems. I also worked there(and many other flight schools). I can honestly say that they are the best flight school in the New York Area. Gene and Susan Bopp (owners) are two of the most honest people that I have ever met in aviation.

For example. I had been working on my CFI for three months, and I was finally ready. But the C172RG was not. They found some problems with it during the annual. A month later when it was fixed, I finally took my CFI checkride. I had to fly to Harrisburg to take the test. When I got back from the checkride, they didn't charge me for the rental of the aircraft for my inconvenience! I challenge anyone to find better customer service in aviation...

rubberducky

"splash and go"

where is this school located

I looked it up, there are two in:

Air Fleet Training Systems
150 Fred Wehran Drive
Teterboro, NJ 07608 Phone

LINDEN (LDJ)
Address
Air Fleet Training Systems
Route 1 North
Linden, NJ 07036

Air Fleet "TEB"

Ask TEB controllers about what they think about Air Fleet at TEB...i would stay away..from my own experience and couple of people i know..
my 2 cents..good luck

Hey guys hows the school search goin? Well I didnt do any flight training up in the NYC area in fact I didnt do any flying there until I started going into LGA when I started flying for an US Airways Express carrier. But anyways there are some basics you should follow no matter where you are gonna do your training. First go in person and visit as many schools as you can. Dont let the cheapest rates make up your mind either. Look at the planes and the maintenace facility if you can. Some schools have mostly new planes and some have the older ones. How new the planes are doesnt matter all that much as long as the maintence program is good. Also try to talk to some of the different CFI's at each school and make sure you like the general atmosphere of the school you select. Each school will have its own unique atmosphere and you need to find the one that works best with your learning style. For example there could be 3 flight schools on the same field to make it easy lets say the rates are the same and they all have good maintence on the a/c. One school might be really professional even making the students dress up. The other school might be really laid back and just "fun and comfortable". And the 3rd school might be kind of a mix of the 2. You just need to find out which school you feel more comfortable in because you need to be comfortable with the surroundings to get the max learning out of each lesson. Well hope this helps guys. Good luck and keep at it.

Good advice...i second that..

still looking

Hey everyone who post, thanks for advice.
Some updated news on my training, I recived my 3rd rate Medical Certificate today (woopty-doo) My green light to fly! Well, money is really green light to fly, lol.
So speaking of which, anyone know a low interest loan out there for this type of stuff. I hear you can get as low as 4% but thats just pushing it for a guy like me who has decent but not perfect credit. I hear Fannie May is offering 14% and ^ ...can you believe that!? What the hell does she spend the money on, dresses.
But anyway, I was going to visit a couple of schools in Republic Airport this week but the weather does not look good.. oh no no NOOoo, thunderstorms all week.
So hopefully the following week i'm going to visit Nassau Flyers, Air East, and a couple of other ones out there.
Can anyone tell me some vital questions i should ask about the maintainance of planes. Like whats appropriate.. "Do them things really fly with all that junk under the hood?" :eek:
And do I get insurance from the school or do I have to call up my State Farm Insurance Agent Bob for help on that?
all replies welcome.

Latest resources

Back