Air FLeet in NJ & part 141

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dominicinco

I hear Air Fleet Training Systems in New Joisey is a pretty good school. Im also interested in it because they are a Part 141 training school so I may be able to get Financial Aid.. hopefully :)
Speaking of which, are you awarded grants or JUST loans when you attend a 141 school?

Does anyone know of any Part 141 school in LI? preferably close to Queens.
Anyone hear good things about Air East or L.I.F.T?

what does part 141 mean?

Turp, the difference between part 142 and part 61....
Whether you train under Part 141 or Part 61, you'll learn the same things and take the same FAA tests. The only real difference will be the order in which you learn things. Part 141 schools must use a structured curriculum that teaches skills in a specific order. If you fly every day, this curriculum ensures the effective, efficient use of your training time. Part 61 schools are not bound to a structured curriculum (many Part 141 schools also train under Part 61); they can rearrange the order in which you learn things to suit your schedule, which benefits those who can only fly on weekends and evenings.

hope this helps! by the way i've narrowed my search down to Nassau FLyers, Select FLyers, Air East, and LIFT... still tough decisions ahead but i will prevail.

select flyers ? where is that?
my friend gave me a phone number of some private instructor that is suppoesedly good. her mother trained with him.
i gave him a call but he wasnt there so i am waiting for him to call me bak.
is that even a good idea to do it through a private guy?(i ve been told i can save a lot of money this way)

oh how are you paying for your training if you dont mind me asking?

peter, personally i think its a grea idea to train with someone that was highly recommended to you even if he is a private pilot. I have been trying to do the same through this message board but no one has given me a suggestion yet. By the way, where is he located? And where do You live?
As for paying for flight school, if i go to a 141 i will try and get financial aid, otherwise i will take out a loan.

Dom

I live in queens. Where u live?
By the way he just called me. He charges 82 an hour for the plane and 40 for instruction. For ground school he uses videos.
He teaches on warriors.
The price is kinda steep, no?
Oh and he only takes cash.
He said he is doing this because he likes to cuz he already has another career as a police officer in the city i believe or something police related.
He teaches out of farmingdale, republic airport.

peter, i live in Flushing, are you nearby me? maybe we can meet up one day and discuss our goals to keep each other motivated, cuz i kno i need a lot of it.
The price he's charging for Warriors is ok. i did a lil research and average is about 76-78 bucks.
You sure you want to train with a police officer, it might be like boot camp..lol, jk.
Hey if he's good, let me have his number too. :D

oh flushing where in flushing
flushing is big
i live in fresh meadows
ye we could meet up one day like in baruch or r u not taking this semester
i duno if he is good or not a friend just recommended him to me
i gotta do more research with other schools

Millon Air

If your flying at Teteboro, try Million Air Flight School..i've had a great time flying there...

Yea, I've decided not to cross the river into Jersey but go the other direction to Republic Airport. I think i will be going to Nassau Flyers. Any thoughts?
And thanks all for your posts.
By the way, are there any 141 schools in NYC besides in TBT.

Latest resources

Back