Air Cargo Carriers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BomberB3 said:
Hey wheelsup what month are you talking about. I am in the pool and just waiting on my call. I would appreciate it if ya would let me know....thanks

That was in reference to an interview, not a ground school date.

~wheelsup

fly4beer said:
calm down everyone....i wrote pay for TRAINING!! now probably everyone here knows more about this then i do...i can accept that so correct me if i'm wrong, but there is a definite differnce between pay for training and pay for time. my time puts me in running for the job, the only diff is i pay for my own training. this program is still in effect at acc per HR. it is inactive as i was told at this time. per the information sheet i was sent, i would rec pay and go thru their regular in house training. the cost is over 12,000 so it isn't cheap...but if i bounce out in 6 months to a diff company (which is not my intentions) acc doesn't loose that training cost.

If the company wants to hire you they should pay for your training. If you and those like you are willing to pay for the training, deserving pilots who are trying to earn jobs will be passed over for any warm body willing to pony up the twelve thousand. If you do this and people know (people will find out) it will haunt you through your career. Do a search on PFT and read what people in this industry think of pilots who pay for seats that are required crewmember.
Every time it looks like the industry has finally begun to abandon the PFT route a new crop of pilots willing to sell their souls for time bring it back to life. The reason ACC has put the program on hold is because they had trouble hiring enough pilots (no one would pay the contract). If you and enough others seem willing to pay the cost they may try to put it back in and lock out those of us who won't pay.

Interview is basically 3 parts. Written test. Flight sim check. HR type interview. Written is 100 question test straight from instrument written test preps, study that. Sim check is a MS FlightSim based FTD setup as a Baron. The sim will probably be setup anywhere away from where you currently fly, so can't study a specific approach. They are looking to see you have basic IFR skills and procedures. Do everything as you would in a real plane. Take off, get vectored for approach, go missed, to a vOR for hold, do another approach. Holding an exact altitude isn't as important as having solid procedures. HR part is just like you read about on aviationinterviews.com. Best advice here is to know yourself, and have some stories about you in mind, and not someone elses. Think about past situations with employers/coworkers, arguements etc. and how you dealt with it.

Good luck,

The interview process was as relaxed as you can let it be. Very nice people to deal with. Another good thing is that they tell you on the spot if you messed up, so know wondering forever.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back