• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Cargo Carriers Updates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey guys...just looking to see if anyone has any current info on the hiring status at ACC. Do they still hire street captains with 1200TT plus?

My real question though is whether or not a captain new hire can commute, and what the schedule looks like. I've got a committment to fly with the guard 6 days a month or so.I heard commuting on the "scheduled ops" schedule is difficult / impossible, but easier if one can manage to get into the charter side.

Any current info would be greatly appreciated!

We are not hiring any street captains, we have a lot of FO's that can upgrade right now. Only hiring Fo's with letter of recommendations with hours anywhere from 250-800ish. UPS runs are really hard to commute, you only have weekends off. With no vacation the first year, it can be really tough. Some DHL runs are more flexible with 2 weeks on 1 week off. Getting on charter is hit or miss, but would be commutable.

Do they still have any DHL runs?

A few years ago, used to be lots of ACC threads. And then any online talk seemed to disappear quickly, and in a PM, I was told things were getting somewhat adversarial, or at least low morale and people were not posting about ACC out of fear.

If I won't say it directly to the company, I'm not going to say it on here. And I think most of the guys and girls at ACC feel the same. We have a good pilot group, and we are proud to fly the shorts.

Hey guys...just looking to see if anyone has any current info on the hiring status at ACC. Do they still hire street captains with 1200TT plus?

I hope not. Upgrades have been slow of late and plenty in line who would probably take the upgrade. I know your prior military and all that and you probably think your entitled to a Captain spot but i don't think this time round there will be Direct Entry PICs. I could of course be WAY OFF BASE.

Commutting at this job (further than you can drive) can quickly make your life pretty stressful.

Latest resources

Back