Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tonala2k

Show me the boxes
Looking for some information. Main interest is that they have a base in Fresno, CA. Does anyone know about working conditions, schedule, and competitive minima?

i have a friend who works there that likes it pretty well. They do a 19 on 9 off schedule! Just about everything is in a shorts. Slower than hell but very fun to fly (from what I have heard), They have bases all over and most of them are in the midwest. The only guy i know there jump seats out of louisville (SDF). THe fresno base is probably pretty senior. THey have a listing of all their bases/route structures/jump seat schedules on their website aircar.com. You have to fill out their online application. I filled it out a month ago or so and havent heard anything. My friend said that he would walk my resume in, but I am still weighing other career options before selling my soul to haul boxes at night!

Tonala2k said:
Looking for some information. Main interest is that they have a base in Fresno, CA. Does anyone know about working conditions, schedule, and competitive minima?

Fax/email a resume and make it *clear* you are from Fresno and I doubt you will have a problem getting a call. Many people don't want that run, most of us are from east of the mississippi.

jrellenbrand said:
i have a friend who works there that likes it pretty well. They do a 19 on 9 off schedule! Just about everything is in a shorts. Slower than hell but very fun to fly (from what I have heard), They have bases all over and most of them are in the midwest. The only guy i know there jump seats out of louisville (SDF). THe fresno base is probably pretty senior. THey have a listing of all their bases/route structures/jump seat schedules on their website aircar.com. You have to fill out their online application. I filled it out a month ago or so and havent heard anything. My friend said that he would walk my resume in, but I am still weighing other career options before selling my soul to haul boxes at night!

The 19/9 schedule is only for on-demand charter... all scheduled runs are pretty much a mon. night thru fri. night deal. The .pdf route map on the site is up to date... we have lost the RNO run and added a run that goes LCK-SDF. And FAT ain't too senior lol

Go to aviationinterviews.com and read the gouges on ACC before you show to an interview. It's free. At the interview they will have you take a version of the instrument written and have you fly a querky sim (Baron or King Air on MSFS 2004.) The sim is a nightmare. Maybe O.K. if you're VERY proficient with MSFS 2004. On the fly they had me shoot an approach that wasn't published anymore and I couldn't find it in the plates they provided. When made aware he went and dug up an old one and still laid it on me. You will pay for own your airfare and accomodations to interview so make sure you are VERY sharp for the sim and the written or you will quickly kiss the investment goodbye.

Thanks for the help. It took me a while, but I finally found the link at the bottom of the window for "Job Opportunities." Looks like I've got another 6mo to meet 1500 mins.

Thanks again.

"Does anyone know about working conditions, schedule, and competitive minima?"

Working Conditions: Terrible.

Schedule: Worse.

Competetive Minima: CMEL and a pulse.

Pilots are fleeing Air Cargo as fast as they can out. I think they're getting pretty desperate for pilots, so low time should not be a problem.

The Charter side is 19 days on and 9 days off. Of course you'll spend two of your off days commuting to/from where ever your plane is located. Management will expect you to abuse the jumpseat priviledges in order to get to and from your airplane. You will be on the road 21 days and home 7.

The scheduled side a total grind. 2-3 hours of flight time per night, every night, Monday night through Saturday morning. Basically, you will have one day off, (Sunday). Commuting home on the weekend is impractical. If you end up with a scheduled run, plan to be away from home for at least a year. No vacation the first year. Forget about spending holidays with the folks. Won't happen! Enjoy Christmas dinner at your garage apartment in Dothan, Columbus, Danville, Huntsville, Marion, etc.

Most UPS runs require you to load and unload the airplane at your base. You'll be moving anywhere from 3000 pounds to 13,000 pounds of freight on and off the airplane everynight. Two-a-day workouts will keep you in good shape. Prepare to sweat,...summer, spring, winter, and fall.

Morale in the maintenance department is very low. Don't expact the mechanics to go the extra mile to make sure your airplane is safe.

Finally, there's the flight operations management and staff. I could write a book on this disfunctional bunch. Instead, I'll just use some key words: intimidation, heavy-handed, threatening, thick-headed, tight-fisted, defensive, arrogant, nasty, bi-polar, cliquish, flagrant, impersonal, uncaring.

Bottom line: Unless you live in an Air Cargo base city and you're guaranteed to get that base, stay away. I'll be leaving as soon as my 12 month training contract is up. No, I won't be hangin around for an upgrade.

Last edited:
slick1 said:
Working Conditions: Terrible.

Schedule: Worse.

Competetive Minima: CMEL and a pulse.

Pilots are fleeing Air Cargo as fast as they can out. I think they're getting pretty desperate for pilots, so low time should not be a problem.

The Charter side is 19 days on and 9 days off. Of course you'll spend two of your off days commuting to/from where ever your plane is located. Management will expect you to abuse the jumpseat priviledges in order to get to and from your airplane. You will be on the road 21 days and home 7.

The scheduled side a total grind. 2-3 hours of flight time per night, every night, Monday night through Saturday morning. Basically, you will have one day off, (Sunday). Commuting home on the weekend is impractical. If you end up with a scheduled run, plan to be away from home for at least a year. No vacation the first year. Forget about spending holidays with the folks. Won't happen! Enjoy Christmas dinner at your garage apartment in Dothan, Columbus, Danville, Huntsville, Marion, etc.

Most UPS runs require you to load and unload the airplane at your base. You'll be moving anywhere from 3000 pounds to 13,000 pounds of freight on and off the airplane everynight. Two-a-day workouts will keep you in good shape. Prepare to sweat,...summer, spring, winter, and fall.

Morale in the maintenance department is very low. Don't expact the mechanics to go the extra mile to make sure your airplane is safe.

Finally, there's the flight operations management and staff. I could write a book on this disfunctional bunch. Instead, I'll just use some key words: intimidation, heavy-handed, threatening, thick-headed, tight-fisted, defensive, arrogant, nasty, bi-polar, cliquish, flagrant, impersonal, uncaring.

Bottom line: Unless you live in an Air Cargo base city and you're guaranteed to get that base, stay away. I'll be leaving as soon as my 12 month training contract is up. No, I won't be hangin around for an upgrade.
Where are you based? Are you scheduled? What run?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back