Air Cargo @ ABQ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyboy32482

Anyone know what the names of the cargo companies that are based out of ABQ? Any feelings or words of wisdom on these companies?

USA Jet has a contract that they supply pilots for in ABQ. Lately they have been hiring directly into that position.

That must be the Nuclear contract that Ross Aviation used to have.

There is also Aero Charter based in ABQ, the son of the old "New Mexico Flying Service". Sounds like they have upped their pay, but they have definitely had their issues in the past. Maybe they are a better company now, I would hope so.

Pay for pilot jobs generally sucks in NM. I think 7 Bar probably had the lowest paid KA 200 pilots in the country.

If you have the 135 mins, then Aero Charter would be good. I see that you have under 300 hours on your profile though, so you would be a long ways from the 135 mins unless that's an old number.

There is also New Mexico Airlines, they fly Caravans and use FOs but I don't know what they want for minimums. They don't pay the Fos very much so you might need another job while doing that.

I would probably stay away from South Aero...definately never heard anything good about them from other pilots, plus I've heard you have to pay for stuff that gets broken if they deem that it's YOUR fault.

Its kind of funny, while I have not been in NM for a long time...

It used to be Aero Charter was a awful place to work ( I could tell stories )

South Aero was not all that bad to work for.

Things change but you never know.....

Its kind of funny, while I have not been in NM for a long time...

Well get back there, Amy keeps asking when you are going to start paying child support for your kid.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back