Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BHopper88

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/air-ca...142800526.html

Air Canada seeks a new Air Canada Express regional partner for trans-border routes
By Bruce Drum on September 23, 2013

Air Canada (Montreal) today announced that it will undertake a Request for Proposal (RFP) process to select a new regional airline to operate certain existing U.S. regional trans-border routes, starting in mid-2014. Select Canadian and U.S. regional carriers will be invited to participate in the RFP process and submit their respective pricing and other terms and conditions of carriage.

?The launch of a request for proposals is an important next step in our regional airline diversification strategy and ongoing cost transformation program,? said Kevin Howlett , Senior Vice President, Regional Markets. ?Over the past two years, Air Canada has made significant changes to its strategy and relationship with its regional partners, now all operating under the Air Canada Express banner. Most recently, we transferred the operation of our Embraer 175 aircraft to a regional carrier whose cost structure is more in line with the U.S. regional carriers, and as low cost operators continue to grow in the rapidly evolving North American regional markets, it is critical for Air Canada to take the necessary steps to ensure its cost structure in these markets is also competitive.?

Air Canada currently has capacity purchase agreements with four regional airline partners: Jazz, Sky Regional, Air Georgian and EVAS.

ASA and many other Regionals have been flying into Canada for many years as well as Mexico & the Caribbean. Air Canada just joining the party.

ASA and many other Regionals have been flying into Canada for many years as well as Mexico & the Caribbean. Air Canada just joining the party.

And don't forget Vietnam Freebrd! Oh wait, maybe you personally want to forget Vietnam..... Moon river!!! How'd that all work out? Looks like RJs didn't work there either.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Didn't work out putz but forget the experience? Why would I do that? Unlike you I got out to visit the cultural and people of the country. Enjoyed the experience, and I'd do it again. If you would get out of your layover hotel instead of ordering room service to pig out, and get off your laptop you might enjoy it too. Such a putz.

Congrats Mesa! Hope you like Montreal in January.

Looks like your mom dropped the medication levels and took the special sweatshirt off.
The forums had become almost civilized, but you crawled back out of the chemical straight jacket and are back spewing your particular mix of hate and discontent.
Don't worry, most still hate you and almost all your 18k posts, but at least F/I has resumed its particular version of the Kabuki theater.

Didn't work out putz but forget the experience? Why would I do that? Unlike you I got out to visit the cultural and people of the country. Enjoyed the experience, and I'd do it again. If you would get out of your layover hotel instead of ordering room service to pig out, and get off your laptop you might enjoy it too. Such a putz.

Unlike you, I get to see INTL stuff all the time, and you are back in Dothan. Your current problem is that you can't get PIC yet, which might help you get a better INTL job, even at Vietnam Airlines. And, I get out and frequent great restaurants and even some museums on European layovers, and I recently did a mx ferry to Singapore via a DH to Narita. Being senior in category allows those trips. Enjoy XNA and keep your chin up...you're.....all....most....there...

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Unlike you, I get to see INTL stuff all the time Enjoy XNA and keep your chin up...you're.....all....most....there...

Bye Bye---General Lee

Easy there trigger, the only INTL stuff you see is at the IHOP, where you and your mom have platter after platter of the CINN-A-STACK pancakes to refill your triple chins and massive pot bellies. Don't worry maybe your Uncle Steve will finally come up with those buddy passes so you can finally leave the ATL and head down to West Palm Beach, where you and your mom can get the pecan pie pancakes at the IHOP.

The true genny story:
http://youtu.be/QdyM9vze2jo

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back