Air Atlanta is looking for 747 Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Midnight Mike

One of buddies got just got hired at Air Atlanta as a 747 Captain, he did say that they were looking for additional 747 drivers & F/E's. Pretty interesting job, seems like he can work for 3 months & then get 2 months off or some rotation like that. Will try to get more information.

Their website is www.atlanta.is and all the info you need including links is there. Good luck.

They are indeed gearing up for an expansion which also includes the 757/767 fleet. Last week they placed a half-page ad in Flight International . Also, some talk about two 747-400s for a MAD? base later this summer.

:)

Does anybody know if Air Atlanta Icelandic pays for tickets/hotels for the interview?

Does anybody know if they have competitive pay and work rules or is it cool enough to fly a jumbo?

Last edited:
Does anybody know if they have competitive pay and work rules or is it cool enough to fly a jumbo?
The old pay-scale was something like this:

Capts: $250.00 per day for 20 days...If ya live, or stay at yer base, $250.00 for 30 days...In other words, if ya go home on yer 10 days off, ya only get paid for 20 days...:rolleyes:

The F/O rate was $175.00 per day.

Overtime after 75 hours.

Not sure that it is, (or was) competetive, but it is a pay-check.

Cool enough to fly a jumbo?
After a while the cool factor wears off a bit, but it can be interesting flying....

CSY Mon said:
The old pay-scale was something like this:

Capts: $250.00 per day for 20 days...If ya live, or stay at yer base, $250.00 for 30 days...In other words, if ya go home on yer 10 days off, ya only get paid for 20 days...:rolleyes:

The F/O rate was $175.00 per day.

Overtime after 75 hours.

Not sure that it is, (or was) competetive, but it is a pay-check.

Cool enough to fly a jumbo?
After a while the cool factor wears off a bit, but it can be interesting flying....
I sure hope those pay rates are incorrect. Those are absolutely disgusting to put it mildly.

I made more as a C421 captain and about $100.00 more as a turbo-prop captain per day when I was flying 135/91 on a contract per day basis. New hire first officers that were "contract" (per day) made $175.00 per day...

ouch, that ain't good at all....

talk about a slap in the face folks.. I sure hope I read the above wrong..

3 5 0

Yup, Pathetic it is.

The ex Pan-Am and Eastern guys that signed up for the deal in the early and mid 90s had no choice however...And it was (is) tax-free..And there is some per-diem in the deal, And they pay the hotel at yer base.

So: Not DAL or UPS compensation for hauling big craft around the skies...But no US airline has ever paid $7,500 per month for first year new-hires either.

The contract world out there is a different cup of tea, some like it and put money away offshore, some don't and look other places instead.

If ya have a choice, more power to ya...If not, suck it up and fly for the non-scheds.

Been there, done it, got the T-shirt (S)

Do they hire with strictly an FAA ATP, or is an ICAO or JAA ATP required?

edit: Whoa, just read the pay rates CSY posted....I can't imagine those are current anymore...Midnight Mike, can you check with your buddy and see what the current rates are? No point in even sending a resume if they are indeed that low.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back