Air Atlanta is looking for 747 Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Talked to Air Atlanta this morning:
They are in MIA interviewing for all bases and planes.

Yes, they take FAA tickets and help ya with the JAA conversion / validation IF ya are rated...In other words, if ya have an FAA 737NG, 757/767 or 747-200, 747-400 tyep, they want to talk to ya.

Bases all over the planet, London, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Madrid and other places.
Huge expansion going on right now, real pilot shortage.

The pay-scale listed on previous post is still current, but it may change shortly.

6 weeks on, 2 weeks off as a general rule, but they have long lay-overs in Houston and Atlanta....Say ya got a 6 day ATL lay-over, they have no problem ya commuting home for a few days as long as ya are back for the trip out...They may in fact trade the expenses of a hotel room for a ticket for ya to go home during the lay-over, and it is not counted as days off.

The whole operation is a bit unusual, but if one is flexible and like to travel, it could be a good deal.....

Take the above with a grain of salt as I did not write the details down, and I could have misunderstood some, but in general, that is the info they gave us during a question / answer session with the chief pilot and 30+ candidates.

6 weeks on and 2 off?? You'd have to be both desperate and and an idiot to fly an international 747 for commuter airline wages and much worse work rules. Remind me to laugh at any Air Atlanta pilots I see. They must have to hang out in bus station bathrooms on their knees to get their self-respect back.

6 weeks on and 2 off?? You'd have to be both desperate and and an idiot to fly an international 747 for commuter airline wages and much worse work rules. Remind me to laugh at any Air Atlanta pilots I see. They must have to hang out in bus station bathrooms on their knees to get their self-respect back.
Well, nobody have to work there against their will....There is however more to the story than the above, including the schedule and the rates I posted.

Meh thinks there is 2 pay scales, one for contract pilots and one for employees.

Don't have all the details, but the deal is probably sweeter than it seems on the surface ones everything is calculated in...Not sure about the overtime and per diem for instance that could add a bit....
Also, they are provided housing and transportation on the crew bases..That could easily account for another grand a month in total compensation.

No doubt the pay needs to be upped a bit, and again, that is in the process.

As for getting the self respect back in bus station bathrooms, hmm never had to do that, did it work for you after all?...:D

There have been a number of caveats that have been posted about Air Atlanta. Check out the www.pprune.com boards. Do a search on Air Atlanta and you will get a fair amount of information of people's experiences there.

Just be careful about what might be promised. Someone who experienced it first hand was told one thing and when he arrived there got a completely different situation than what was promised.

I have heard that there is a strong line of delineation between the Icelandic's and all the other crewmembers.

Good luck to all that were at the Aeroservices Open House.

Good luck to all that were at the Aeroservices Open House.
Did anybody else from this here board show up at the Open House in MIA yesterday?

If so, I was the tall handsome guy with a blue shirt and a beer belly...:cool:

Laker Airways was there, they need folks in all 3 seats on the B-727, based 10 minuttes from my house right here in FLL...They didn,t say what the pay was, but rumor says it is dog-sh!t.....? Left a resume in their folder anyway..See what shakes out..

Another outfit I never heard of was there, express dot net...??? Big airplanes all over the world....Based at home...Owner used to run / own ATI...Does that ring a bell to anybody...Any inside info.?

Southern Air is also hireing...747s but the pay is less than Air Atlanta...:(

aero service open house

the pay for most of the operators on...

www.airlinepilotpay.com or www.ppjn.com .laker pretty dismal,in both seats.
air atlanta gets frequent mention on www.pprune.com and the word doesn't seem great.anybody have any details on express.net or southern air. home based with tickets bought for the trip start,and a relatively normal schedule,etc?

Thanks for the link to payscales.

Laker is pretty darn low....$61, $50, and $40 for the left, right and FE seat first year...Don't go much higher on the 12 year scale.
Don't think I will bother studying for and sweating in the sim for that kind of dough, or lack of..

The chief pilot for Express.net gave a little speech on the conditions, think he mentioned 16 days on and based at home.

I know some Southern Air guys, based on their horror stories, I ain't applying to that outfit.

CSY Mon,

Have you tried Polar? They are taking resumes and I have heard a few people have gotten interviews. Tradewinds is starting up a 74 operation as well and they are looking for people as well. There are rumours that Arrow & Centurion are going to start 74 programs too. Centurion has got a pretty large class running at Aeroservice right now.

Good Luck!

There is something like 144 74's sitting in various storage facilities around the world. Classics and 400's. Airlines who either don't want them or need them. I would think anyone wanting to add additional airframes would not have a problem in finding them.

still waiting for Polar to call.....

Latest resources

Back