Air Ambulance or charter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flagshipper

Hello to all. I am looking to head out to Colorado or other western areas to be close to family and I am looking for any air ambulance jobs or 135 gigs that anybody know of. I have heard of Mayo and International. Just wondering what else is out there. If you know of any decent companies looking for pilot I would love to hear about it. thanks

What Mayo? The clinic department is in MN.

Travelaire Services out of Pueblo, but from what someone told me that worked there, hard days off are few and far between unless they have changed it

I would stay away from air ambulance, I've done it and charter. The only good thing about air ambulance is your home A LOT more then a regular charter company. I felt I was over worked and under paid fly crapy Lears (Lear 35 seriel number 003, and 105 with steam gauger and raw data GPS) but it was great experience. I did 700 hours in 9 months and every single flight was international. Granted I'm out of S. FL not the midwest but you get my point. Just ask around on the board and do a couple of searches, good luck.

CaptainSpaz said:
Air Ambulance operators feed off the bottom. It's a decent way to build time fast, but do so at your own risk.
Care to share your experiences there? The EMS company I work for is great. Decent pay, good schedule, good equipment, they don't skip on MX...maybe you should just look around.

Go with CHARTER!!!!!!

If you don't want to risk busting duty-time alot,then go with Charter,NOT air ambulance!!!!!!

G-force

G-force said:
If you don't want to risk busting duty-time alot,then go with Charter,NOT air ambulance!!!!!!
Most air ambulance operators watch duty times alot more than 135 operations.The guy who calls himself G-force has little knowledge on how aviation businesses are ran and never has anything good to say on this website.He should be kicked off this website or given some time off to change his bad attitude.This is my personal observation after looking at his previous post on different subjects.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back