• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CSY Mon

Any info on this new freight carrier?

Did a Google search, but no cigar.

Rumor says they have Six B-747Fs lined up and that they are hireing crews, etc.

Any good inside info?

CYS,

I don't know a whole lot except it's started by a group of ex-DL guys with good reps. In cahoots with KAL somehow. Online applications only. Can't find the website at the moment but will keep looking.

Spooky 1 ? Info for CYS ?

Ok, found it...www.compassair.aero

Last edited:
ATR,

Sorry, I was posting info from my notes which are obviously out of date. Here's one that works:

www.cargo360.aero I test hopped it myself.

Had dinner with a couple of the "founders" last week. Still hoping to get the first airplane on or about Dec. 24th. Two nose loaders and one -300 conversion for a total of three initially. While they are looking for pilots in general, they are really in need of some pilots with Classic experience and perhaps line check airman experience as well. I think they have accepted the idea that they may have to hire some guys who only have a year or two at the most left before they turn 60, just to get the oeration up and rolling.

It seesm that Classic pilots who are looking for work and not already employed at say Evergreen, Kalita, etc are getting a little scarce. Obviously the pay and bennies are probably less at Cargo 360 than either of these two.
I beleiev initial ops are going to be out of ANC.

The Powerpoint info slides were extremely vague except for the part about a two year training bond of $16,000. !?!?!?! That does not lend confidence in the "founders" of the operation. If they want to attract quality people with Classic experience they need to be honest and upfront in their advertisement and not sound like a job-of-last-resort tramp freighter outfit.

Anybody know what the specifics of compensation and schedule are???

Last edited:
Draginass is right their ad is far from professional and contract agreement looks like a bad place to be only the bad ones need contract agreement to hold u there.

I am not an agent for this outfit and Kalita might be the best outfit in the world but I seem to recall in the past any number of critical comments regarding Kalita. So....the point is if you want a job, and everthing else is okay, or at least okay enough considering your circumstances, go for it and don't listen to the nay sayers. Some guy once said the many men have a good aim in life, but damn few know when to pull the trigger.

I have not put on any online applications of late so I do not know if this is SOP:

The thing that disturbs me is that just to get an account to submit your application they want your Social Security Number. Now if I remember correctly (like I said it has been a while since I did these online applications) usually the request for SSN was buried well within the applications pages - not on the very first page of setting up an account.

Requests for that kind of information so immediately puts my guard up and gives me great pause.

I hope that this is not the case with other airlines/startups/outfits that require online applications.

No one needs this information so early in the selection process.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies gents.

I did cruise the web-page linked above and found out more.

It seems like rumor and reality is a bit different.

Rumor says home-basing, reality on the page talks of PNW..Etc.

Latest resources

Back