• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Agriculture Ops.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I havent been flying ag for a few years now, since getting into aerial patrol ops, but the guys I stay in touch with around here had pretty good seasons this year, considering how dry it's been. Where are you located?

Does anyone still fly AG in the NE? I remember talking with a AG pilot in south NJ a few years ago but not sure what area he worked.

I here that some operators flew 7 to 900 hours and more this season in south GA. It was a dry season and fewer acres planted here in south AL and I havn't spoke with any of the local operators to know how their season came out. I sure would like to see a higher demand for ag-pilots. It's a tough business to get into without a lot of turbine time, among other things.

Things were really good here in the TX panhandle. Best year Ive personally had since 2000. Had an awesome cotton defoliating run that lasted up thru the first week or so in November. Even heard of some of the bigger operatiors being 10,000 acres behind. I just kept grinding away with the ol' Cessna and stayed farily caught up most of the time.

Latest resources

Back