• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 65 Stinks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually, the title of "greediest generation" (at least among pilots) seems to apply to the anti-Age 65ers.

Oh please! This is a tough career field to be in but you and all your old buddies benefited greatly from age 60. You all moved up in seniority on the backs of those that were forced out at age 60. Now, with age 65 you get to hang out in the left seat and force all those below you to stay seat locked for another 5 years or furloughed. Alaska guys who stick around are bums in my book because they have a fully funded pension in addition to military retirements, 401Ks, mutual funds, multiple houses and a host of other investments. Most are sticking around for the "fun" of it and the easy schedule while the airline is furloughing the young FOs with kids to feed. Just ask ole Kim K why he sticks around. He always brags about how many millions he has and all his properties, boats, toys and the such. You want to talk about greed, just take a look at your geezer peers at Alaska.

Age 65 means at least and EXTRA $2 MILLION in pay and benefits for actually working LESS than half of those extra five years. I love age 65!

What about brotherhood?

Oh please! This is a tough career field to be in but you and all your old buddies benefited greatly from age 60. You all moved up in seniority on the backs of those that were forced out at age 60. Now, with age 65 you get to hang out in the left seat and force all those below you to stay seat locked for another 5 years or furloughed. Alaska guys who stick around are bums in my book because they have a fully funded pension in addition to military retirements, 401Ks, mutual funds, multiple houses and a host of other investments. Most are sticking around for the "fun" of it and the easy schedule while the airline is furloughing the young FOs with kids to feed. Just ask ole Kim K why he sticks around. He always brags about how many millions he has and all his properties, boats, toys and the such. You want to talk about greed, just take a look at your geezer peers at Alaska.
You mean there is no brotherhood, everyone looks out for thmeselves?

I especially enjoy when my captain for the day tells me stories about driving his race car, and the joys of spending all his money. "Yeah, we're going to Europe this month to see my son Timmy and his new wife. She's a real looker you know."

This is my cue to go to the lav and take a dump for 20 Min.

Latest resources

Back