Age 65 Rule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
Let's hope they raise the retirement age for firemen and policemen too. I can't wait for a 62 year old fireman to carry me out of a burning building over his shoulder....yeah, riiiiiight.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Lee, can you even do one pushup?

An age 65 bill gets run up the hill every few years. Its never been passed yet and I wouldn't expect it to in the near future. Atleast not without ALPA's backing.

ALPA has been really gutless on this issue and should be ashamed of themselves.

ALPA speaks for its membership. So far a majority of the membership does not want the retirement age to change.

Gl Flea

miles otoole said:

the general flea has spouted about how he works out with his boyfriend at the gym pumping iron. He frequently wipes his chin off.

comrcap said:
The change in the works is an administrative order to direct the FAA to adopt ICAO standards as it applies to age. This means age 65 as long as at least 1 flight crew member is less than 65. This way it doesn't require a change in medical requirements IMHO
It should pass. It has some high power backing from ranking members.

I think that should read as long as at least 1 flight crew member is less than 60.

Feel free to corect me if I am wrong.

comrcap said:
The change in the works is an administrative order to direct the FAA to adopt ICAO standards as it applies to age. This means age 65 as long as at least 1 flight crew member is less than 65. This way it doesn't require a change in medical requirements IMHO

seems to me the requirement to have an under 60 member on the crew is an admission that an over 60 pilot is more of a risk. If they can't fly without any restrictions, then they should not fly at all.

miles otoole said:

You're cool! AH HA HA HA. Yes, I can do 7.

Bye Bye--General Lee

michael707767 said:
seems to me the requirement to have an under 60 member on the crew is an admission that an over 60 pilot is more of a risk. If they can't fly without any restrictions, then they should not fly at all.

Good point Michael.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back