Age 65-ICAO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FoxHunter said:
ALPA conducted a poll, not a vote. I never waste my time.:)

The Supreme Court also voted down this age increase when some Southwest pilots tried to change it. It is all about age discrimination, and when you change it for one group, you must change it for another--like Firemen and Policemen. I don't want a 62 year old fireman trying to carry me down a flight of stairs in the dark and smoke over his shoulder. Do you? ALPA is against it, and so am I. Their poll will reflect their stance.

Bye Bye--General Lee

"The Supreme Court also voted down this age increase when some Southwest pilots tried to change it"

This isn't your daddy's Supreme Court. Roe V Wade has been upheld by SC of the past, it may be gone under the new one.

"I don't want a 62 year old fireman trying to carry me down a flight of stairs in the dark and smoke over his shoulder"

Instead you will have a 23 y/o 100 pound female dragging your lerch like frame out that replaced the old guy.

"Their poll will reflect their stance"

As a few more Captains who thought they were secure post airline life figure out it aint so, watch that vote skew.

Russ said:
"The Supreme Court also voted down this age increase when some Southwest pilots tried to change it"

This isn't your daddy's Supreme Court. Roe V Wade has been upheld by SC of the past, it may be gone under the new one.

"I don't want a 62 year old fireman trying to carry me down a flight of stairs in the dark and smoke over his shoulder"

Instead you will have a 23 y/o 100 pound female dragging your lerch like frame out that replaced the old guy.

"Their poll will reflect their stance"

As a few more Captains who thought they were secure post airline life figure out it aint so, watch that vote skew.

Wow, you really sound confident of that. Wow. ALPA and the Supreme Court DON'T AGREE WITH YOU. Sorry. Maybe monkies will fly out of your butt too?

Bye Bye--General Lee

now now name calling never added to anything

pilotyip said:
now now name calling never added to anything

Who called anyone names? Show me.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Never said you, getting a little defensive are we in our young age? Don’t worry you will grow out of it when you get older.

pilotyip said:
Never said you, getting a little defensive are we in our young age? Don’t worry you will grow out of it when you get older.

After I turn 60 I will probably forget it immediately. Wait, what was I talking about?

Bye Bye--General Lee

FoxHunter said:
I always enjoy sharp, well informed guys like you!:)

Like a bowling ball...that's me!

FoxHunter said:
France today, although a JAA country, does not allow Captains over the age of 60 to land or fly in their airspace.

Much the way the US doesn't? I understand the French might be changing the rule soon? Isn't that the thrust of this thread? There is a movement afoot in the US to change our rule too. A rule I happen to support.

FoxHunter said:
That will change next November.

A-Ha! I was right! They are changing it.

FoxHunter said:
There were four nations that voted against the age 65. They were France, USA, Pakistan, and Columbia.

"And I'm proud to be an Ameri-caaaaaaaaaan....where at least I know..."

FoxHunter said:
I am sure that France is happy to have you on their side.

Who wouldn't be?

Just because ALPA is against it doesn't mean they share the same view as all pilots flying commercially. They also endorsed Kerry when a good number of ALPA pilots voted for Bush... so does that mean all pilots want to retire at 60? NO. Not all pilots are ALPA pilots either... If ICAO pilots retire at 65, why can't we? I don't want at 65 year old fireman carrying me down the stairs but what if a 59 year 31 day fireman shows up at your burning house? If he's physically fit and passed all his tests what's the difference tomorrow when he shows up at your burning house at age 60, ummm, 1 day...

Latest resources

Back