• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 65- Born 1944 to present destroyed America

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why make this person out to be a liberal unless you have a need to demonize a specific perspective? Are the KKK ultra-conservative or just a bunch idiotic psycho's?

The reality is we are a nation of hypocrites who say one thing and do another. The only 'value' in our society is money, plain and simple. To accuse one generation of that is to delude oneself.

In this country, if you are in need, you are on your own most of the time. If the camera's are on and we are told we are supposed to care then you are in luck. But ultimately, you will be left to fend for yourself when the camera's go away and your issue is no longer the issue of the moment.

Just ask the NYC firefighters who are suffering from the airborne debris they inhaled as a result of their heroism during the aftermath of 911. The survivors of this situation today cannot get medical coverage and the government denies them help due to technicalities. When advocacy organizations (usually staffed by their own family members) hold fund raisers for these people, no one shows up to donate. Our humanitarian aid tends to be based on whether we can get something out of our efforts, not some basic need to help others because we are all part of a common human family. That notion is just wimpy, liberal BS anyway.

Our great social drives at morality, like pro-life are all baloney. If we could find a way to extract oil from unborn human fetuses the pro-life movement would go away overnight. If every gay marriage would subsidize everyones bank account with a few thousand dollars the "moral" objections to this type of union would go away immediately as well.

Bottom line: We only care when it benefits us and doesn't cost us any money. We are a nation of tree hugging/church-going nihilistic hypocrites.

Have a nice day......... and watch your back.

I feel sorry for you. It must be lonely and disheartening to view human nature and our country in this manner.

I feel sorry for you. It must be lonely and disheartening to view human nature and our country in this manner.

I would tend to agree with KBLITZ in some regard. People only care about themselves and those close to them. Anyone beyond that is a stranger. His 911 firefighters example is perfect. Where is the help from all those people with the "remember 911" stickers? Apparently, that is all they are going to do is remember.

Last edited:
This guy is insane, he keeps talking about how great FDR is.

FDR slapped airline pilots with the Railway Labor Act, among other stupid things.

What a moron.

I would tend to agree with KBLITZ in some regard. People only care about themselves and those close to them. Anyone beyond that is a stranger. His 911 firefighters example is perfect. Where is the help from all those people with the "remember 911" stickers? Apparently, that is all they are going to do is remember.

I'm not sure if you guys lack love in your life or have never been part of a philanthropic organization, but I truly am sad for you. There is good everywhere either you are blind to it or choose not to see it.

I have often told those around me that I don't like the bitter views I have come to recognize. I know that the post I wrote earlier is difficult and pointed, but I do think it gets to the heart of the matter.

I am actually not a lonely person, I have a wife and 2 children, and believe it or not, we spend most of our days with a smile on our faces. Despite the ugly rhetoric of my earlier post, I am not allowing myself to be defined by this society of bastardized morality nor will I let my children follow our country's mindless materialistic trajectory.

Want to rebel against this inhumane insanity? Treat the next person you run into as a real human being that actually matters, not a social security number, not a co-worker/associate/colleague, not a future health claim to be denied. Don't sycophantically sell yourself out to this nightmare industrial machination that views all of us as nothing more than profit creating fodder to be discarded when our costs exceed the business model. Remember Darth Vader? How easy is it for us to give into the 'dark side', that is to sell ourselves out to a system that puts no value on our humanity and promotes a cannibalistic mentality towards one another as we attempt to achieve our own materialistic ends? It is quite easy to find oneself more machine than man (like Vader) and yet if one were to peel away our mechanized exterior we would be the pale, insignificant, worm of a man that the Vader character actually was. For all of our apparent haughty and self-achieved status we are actually dead on the inside, lifeless.

Sadly, there are many who embrace this 'dog eat dog' world we have created. They are what you would call a sociopath. Then of course there are the rest of us who abide by "well, that's the way it's always been and that's the way it will ever be." Which is worse? Hateful or hopeless?

Don't mindlessly follow the employee handbook when you see a fellow crew member in need and you have to go beyond the call of duty to help them, don't drop bombs on other people for the sake of keeping yourself in your big military jet and maintaining your hero image. Am I doing the right thing for humanities sake or for a companies? Think for yourself. We have allowed a large, corrupted machine to think for us for far too long. We are the enemy that we have feared for these past many years. America can truly be a beautiful country again, or perhaps for the first time, but a new humanism must be instilled and a reclaiming of our society from the market dictated corporatocracy (or corporate dictatorship) must occur also.

Just some thoughts, and rants. Not typical FI stuff but I thought this topic, or the inanity of it, provided us with a forum to express some ideas that perhaps we need to revisit or visit for the first time.

I need to follow my own advice really; I need to stop fearing United pilots (being I am CAL and am fearful of a merger: I am also ex-TWA) and see them for what they are, family with a potential difficulty ahead of them.

Peace.

I have often told those around me that I don't like the bitter views I have come to recognize. I know that the post I wrote earlier is difficult and pointed, but I do think it gets to the heart of the matter.

I am actually not a lonely person, I have a wife and 2 children, and believe it or not, we spend most of our days with a smile on our faces. Despite the ugly rhetoric of my earlier post, I am not allowing myself to be defined by this society of bastardized morality nor will I let my children follow our country's mindless materialistic trajectory.

Want to rebel against this inhumane insanity? Treat the next person you run into as a real human being that actually matters, not a social security number, not a co-worker/associate/colleague, not a future health claim to be denied. Don't sycophantically sell yourself out to this nightmare industrial machination that views all of us as nothing more than profit creating fodder to be discarded when our costs exceed the business model. Remember Darth Vader? How easy is it for us to give into the 'dark side', that is to sell ourselves out to a system that puts no value on our humanity and promotes a cannibalistic mentality towards one another as we attempt to achieve our own materialistic ends? It is quite easy to find oneself more machine than man (like Vader) and yet if one were to peel away our mechanized exterior we would be the pale, insignificant, worm of a man that the Vader character actually was. For all of our apparent haughty and self-achieved status we are actually dead on the inside, lifeless.

Sadly, there are many who embrace this 'dog eat dog' world we have created. They are what you would call a sociopath. Then of course there are the rest of us who abide by "well, that's the way it's always been and that's the way it will ever be." Which is worse? Hateful or hopeless?

Don't mindlessly follow the employee handbook when you see a fellow crew member in need and you have to go beyond the call of duty to help them, don't drop bombs on other people for the sake of keeping yourself in your big military jet and maintaining your hero image. Am I doing the right thing for humanities sake or for a companies? Think for yourself. We have allowed a large, corrupted machine to think for us for far too long. We are the enemy that we have feared for these past many years. America can truly be a beautiful country again, or perhaps for the first time, but a new humanism must be instilled and a reclaiming of our society from the market dictated corporatocracy (or corporate dictatorship) must occur also.

Just some thoughts, and rants. Not typical FI stuff but I thought this topic, or the inanity of it, provided us with a forum to express some ideas that perhaps we need to revisit or visit for the first time.

I need to follow my own advice really; I need to stop fearing United pilots (being I am CAL and am fearful of a merger: I am also ex-TWA) and see them for what they are, family with a potential difficulty ahead of them.

Peace.

In other words "Do unto others as you wish be done unto you."

Another good one is "He who goes to bed with itchy butt wakes up with smelly fingers."

Good night and Peace

Latest resources

Back