Age 60 rule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
>>>... be prepared for much more intrusive and demanding physicals. <<<

A VERY common scare tactic used by those opposed to changing age 60.

Sent my e-mail in Opposing the change. Everyone who sought employment under the 121 rule knew what the retirement age was and all associated finacial risks of airline flying. Plan accordingly.

airbaker said:
If the rule gets changed, be prepared for much more intrusive and demanding physicals. It may prevent many to even make it to age 60. JMHO

Not a scare tactic, it could happen. Nothing happens anymore without a little give and take. If the legislators by chance increase the Age 60 limit it might/will come with a few strings attached.

I guess the people opposing this have found the fountain of youth and won't get older. I on the other hand am getting older, although not close to retirement. Its been debated for years, it'll change sometime because it is age discrimination either side you are on. Oppose it or change it be let them finally make a desicion and be done debating this to death. There are 59 and 364 day olds that shouldn't fly just as there are 30 years olds and they can't fly either.

PastFastMover said:
why do you think physicals may get more intrusive? Not disagreeing with you, just wondering why so many think this will happen.

The FAA has dug their heels in against raising the retirement age. If Congress forces then to raise the age then it is not a very big stretch to imagine that the FAA will ramp up the scrutiny based on their current position that there is a safety issue with flying airliner's past 60.

LJ-ABX said:
But the currently proposed legislation is not for 63 or 65. It's for 67!

67??!! holy crap! keep movin 'em out at 60. would companies still offer the same retirement packages at 60 and let people fly longer if they want to or what? oh well its almost 40 more years for me :)

Are you sure?

The FAA has dug their heels in against raising the retirement age.

Don't know what you idea of "dug their heels in" is, but I havent really seen this. Could you provide the data for this. Slow, yes, dug, don't know!

Latest resources

Back