• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 60 New Hires

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
had 3 50-somethings in my indoc class last year.. all 3 were gone before the 6-month mark. One went back to being an ER doc, one went back to consulting (business, he was a former Sr. VP) and the 3rd found a KingAir gig in his hometown

Thanks!

Appreciate your replies! I'd go Wally World or Mac's but I couldn't stand the prestige.

AWAC recently hired a 60 year old. His previous experience was in a Beech 1900 and couldnt handle the automation of the CRJ. He dropped out during sim.

-Rob
That happened quite a bit at ACA for J41 transitions to the CRJ. Not sure that the pilot's age had much to do with it though. Ultimately, the CRJ is easier to fly once you figure out which button(s) to push.

I know Omni is not a regional, but I interviewed there about 2 months ago. There were 4 of us at the interview, 2 of which retired at 60. One from Continental and the other from American. We all got hired into the 757. I turned it down last minute as I wound up getting a better offer elsewhere... But these guys are like herpes, they will never go away! I guess poor financial planning and realizing your wife is a total beotch will make you want to go back to work if given the choice!

i am in class at 9E as we speak with a 60 year old, who is a retired Airbus captain from FedEx.....yes he just wants to fly that bad......hmmmm

i am in class at 9E as we speak with a 60 year old, who is a retired Airbus captain from FedEx.....yes he just wants to fly that bad......hmmmm

FedEx to Pinnacle?!?!?!?!?! HA! ROFLMAO!!!!

I give him 180 days on the line before he says to a crew scheduler, "Fuk this bullsht, I'm outta here."

Yes, I worked at Pinnacle at one time, so I can say that.

FedEx to Pinnacle?!?!?!?!?! HA! ROFLMAO!!!!

I give him 180 days on the line before he says to a crew scheduler, "Fuk this bullsht, I'm outta here."

Yes, I worked at Pinnacle at one time, so I can say that.

my sentiments exactly Ernest....as they say...to each his own....whatever floats your boat....if its brown dont go down.....bla bla bla.....

Latest resources

Back