• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 60/65 Compromise

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Allow me to play devil's advocate Klako.

If they changed the rule after you retired, would you re-apply to Horizon and come back as an FO?

If they changed the rule before you retired but mandated that the over 60 pilot be SIC, would you still fly?

Are you not interested in taking your skills and experience to a cush Pt.91 op?

dk

Deerkiller,

If Klako misses the deadline you can count on him and many more like him joining in on a class action lawsuit to get back on the property. That’s why we must prepare for guys like him.

It’s all about the money for Klako though he claims otherwise. He’s looking out for number one and could care less about commercial aviation safety or your career. He wants the windfall and he wants to keep it all to himself.

Follow the money trail and you will find the real reason for Klako’s motives.

AA767AV8TOR

The agency has long held that 56 was a required age due to safety but this year granted age-waivers to the age of 61.

In light of the controllers being allowed to get a waiver to age 61, would you support the same limit for pilots?

Deerkiller,

If Klako misses the deadline you can count on him and many more like him joining in on a class action lawsuit to get back on the property. That’s why we must prepare for guys like him.

It’s all about the money for Klako though he claims otherwise. He’s looking out for number one and could care less about commercial aviation safety or your career. He wants the windfall and he wants to keep it all to himself.

AA767AV8TOR

So, how are you planing to prepare for guys like me?

So, how are you planing to prepare for guys like me?

The Supreme Court ruled AGAINST a group of Southwest pilots who wanted to change the rule. One reason they sited was they would have to raise the age limit on other professions too, like policemen and firemen, and they must have thought that was dangerous. Again, who ruled on this? The SUPREME COURT.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Allow me to play devil's advocate Klako.

If they changed the rule after you retired, would you re-apply to Horizon and come back as an FO?

If they changed the rule before you retired but mandated that the over 60 pilot be SIC, would you still fly?

Are you not interested in taking your skills and experience to a cush Pt.91 op?

dk

Yes to both questions.

Please show me a good part 91 or 135 job, I am looking.

I do have an App in with the FAA.

The Supreme Court ruled AGAINST a group of Southwest pilots who wanted to change the rule. One reason they sited was they would have to raise the age limit on other professions too, like policemen and firemen, and they must have thought that was dangerous. Again, who ruled on this? The SUPREME COURT.

Bye Bye--General Lee

The case that you refer to was against the FAA' insurmountable obstacles imposed upon individuals petitioning for an exemption to Part 121.383 (c).

The court refused to rule on the constitutionality of the age 60 restriction in Part 121.383 (c) itself. That would have to be challenged in a separate case.

Klako refuses to address my points. He sure likes to blab about the FAA this and that. He refuses to look inward at the serious emotional health and psychological issues that drive him to wear 4 stripes past age 60 and/or continue working in some authoritative role (FAA Inspector)

I highly doubt Klako would take a left-seat King Air 90 job, even tho he is "looking" for work.

Last edited:
Deerkiller,

AA767AV8TOR

That lawsuit would be dead in the water anyway. The language in the current legislation addresses the fact that those above 60 would have no claim to seniority if they turned 60 prior to the effective date of the change.

I earned my left seat and no one has the right to take that away from me. I earned my up-grade to Captain as a result of company expansion and not as a result of even one pilot being forced to retire.

I love my current job and if you really believe that I should be forced out just so some junior pilot can get promoted earlier, I will say to you, GO TO H%#& !

If you have no interest in flying past age 60, then I believe that you are in the wrong profession, get out now.

This was your stance on flying the right seat earlier in this discussion. Are you now changing your stance?

He refuses to look inward at the serious emotional health and psychological issues that drive him to wear 4 stripes past age 60 and/or continue working in some authoritative role (FAA Inspector)

I highly doubt Klako would take a left-seat King Air 90 job, even tho he is "looking" for work.

Wrong, You are really some sick dude to make such statements.

I have addressed all of your points in my previous posts.

Latest resources

Back