Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Again, USAir is still looking for that next merger.......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As the 9th said, USAPA is free to negotiate any seniority list they desire.......And not until such a list is implemented can the west sue for DFR.

Sooooo.....accept our list, get a contract, then you can file your DFRII.

Role the dice, throw another 2.5 million out there. How much is ALPA going to reimburse AOL the 2nd time around?

Acceptance of "your" list will come with a passage of a new contract correct? You are in the MAJORITY! Why don't you just get a contract out to the pilots and vote it in? I mean it's been 3 years you would think we would be close to a vote soon right? I guess you guys are a little worried about getting sued back to the the stoneage from where you came.

Whats up with the snapback grievance, about a year now. The question is who's paying to keep the results from being released...

Ahh... One of the few ways to achieve financial independence in aviation: go to law school and convince silly pilots they have a case...

As soon as you get management to agree to something better than the kirby...there ya go. A TA will be out.

Don't see that happening anytime soon. You low ballers though would be happy with the kirby???

think a little more of yourselves, please... Oh that's right, you guys are riding the highest contract you've ever had, while the rest of us are fighting to get out of the lowest we've ever had.....

You used to have a Collective Bargaining Agent with a proven record of negotiating improved contracts. The amatures you have now?, Not so much.

Quit the infighting and you'll have a fighting chance. Hey, that sounds like a great sticker! Or lanyard, or nightlight, or decorative throw pillow (get Parella on that), or...

As soon as you get management to agree to something better than the kirby...there ya go. A TA will be out.

Don't see that happening anytime soon. You low ballers though would be happy with the kirby???

think a little more of yourselves, please... Oh that's right, you guys are riding the highest contract you've ever had, while the rest of us are fighting to get out of the lowest we've ever had.....

USAPA hasn't even asked for more than the Kirby yet!!! LOL Why don't you update us on how many open sections there are? What is the pay proposal that Usapa has put forward? 3 years man, 3 years! LOL

Which is it btw "Sooooo.....accept our list, get a contract..." or "As soon as you get management to agree to something better than the kirby..." Which is the way to a contract I'm confused? I think you are too...:laugh:

Last edited:
No, the pilots of US continued to deny reality right up to the point where they were about to have their contract handed to a bankruptcy judge who would have made LOA93 look like Mega Millions by comparison. Your options significantly decrease when you overplay your hand to the point of career implosion ("full pay till the last day!").

During good times, ALPA has continued to secure improved contracts. During bad times, wait , USAPA is the only union that prefers to try and negotiate during bad times and wastes it's time with phony press releases and Kabuki theatre during the good ones.

Remember, every dollar you've gotten during you US career has come through ALPA negotiations. USAPA has produced exactly NOTHING.

While you can debate whether ALPA would be the preferred replacement to USAPA, there is nothing that can replace unity for effectiveness. And unity is to USAPA like light is to a cockroach.

Which is it btw "Sooooo.....accept our list, get a contract..." or "As soon as you get management to agree to something better than the kirby..." Which is the way to a contract I'm confused? I think you are too...:laugh:

Reads......let us jump ahead per the nic and get a pay raise on top of that.!!!!

The west needs to understand two things. This is business. Business can be nasty unfair and if you have paid attention to what has happened to our country with the economic crisis you know it can also be unethical. So aside from "because they promised they would per the arbitration" why would any East pilot. including new hires if it stays seperate, agree to putting that list together and forfitting their upgrade??? No contract will give them a bigger raise than the upgrade.

Both sides of this standoff have their heels dug in and it's just silly. The East pilots are so old even if they got DOH the West would move up the list very quickly through attrition. In the mean time other airlines who are negotiating contracts have to deal with the contract in place at USAir as a comparible. I hope the East gets their LOA 93 or what ever is in the courts regarding pay.

Latest resources

Back