Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Again, USAir is still looking for that next merger.......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That would be a path out of the quagmire that is us air's current SLI. APA would become the agent for the combined pilot group, acccept Nic, and negotiate from there, hopefully with an industry leading contract.

I *really* don't have a side in this. However I feel that as time goes by it becomes less and less likely that any new integration/arbitration process would use the Nic from 2007. They might end up with something that resembles the Nic, but they wouldn't call it that if only because the word is so emotionally charged. Also, now that most everybody has been recalled it becomes more difficult to justify stapling xx numbers of pilots onto the bottom simply because they happened to be on furlough in 2005. Keep in mind that AA has a lot of pilots on furlough right now and would likely be unsympathetic to such a system, not to mention the bitter memories of the TWA acquisition.

Was your friend tasked to crunch the numbers when USAir and United or Delta were in talks?

He says United yes but Delta no. Who knows what it means if anything......just passing along the speculative info.

If I were an AA pilot I would through the nic out in a heartbeat and start over.

Except you couldn't. The award is the final, binding arbitration no matter what the pickleballers think. All they're doing is delaying it with continued legal challenges. At the end of the day, Nic will stand. The Nic list will be the basis of the subsequent AA/LCC SLI negotiations.

Problem is, like it or not, is the the West pilots seem to want instant reward.

Not really. All they want is implementation of the final, binding arbitration award that both sides agreed to honor in the first place.

As the 9th said, USAPA is free to negotiate any seniority list they desire.......And not until such a list is implemented can the west sue for DFR.

Sooooo.....accept our list, get a contract, then you can file your DFRII.

Role the dice, throw another 2.5 million out there. How much is ALPA going to reimburse AOL the 2nd time around?

As the 9th said, USAPA is free to negotiate any seniority list they desire.......And not until such a list is implemented can the west sue for DFR.

Sooooo.....accept our list, get a contract, then you can file your DFRII.

Role the dice, throw another 2.5 million out there. How much is ALPA going to reimburse AOL the 2nd time around?

The West guys are paid more than the East per hour on the same aircraft, so the East guys can just make less and pout. If a merger with AA does happen, then USAPA will be voted out by a sudden majority, and Nic will stand. Then, arbitration will happen again for the new USAir and AA combo. Then Dogs will kiss Cats, and peace on Earth will be achieved. AMEN.

OYS

I got a better plan....

JetBlue/USAir/Alaska... why does everyone think it always has to be a merger of two?

That would make for 4 major airlines and we're back to pre-deregulation all over again..

I got a better plan....

JetBlue/USAir/Alaska... why does everyone think it always has to be a merger of two?

That would make for 4 major airlines and we're back to pre-deregulation all over again..

The rumor is PHX hub going to Jetblue

Latest resources

Back