• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ag-Pilot Ingrates...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The same tired statements, even the photographs on his web site are the same ones he had in his brochures over 20 years ago, and they weren't truthful then. I see he's advertising as being experienced and knowledgable in aerial firefighting now. He's not.

His claims that students are hireable, that he has job placement, that he's this or that or his program this or that, or that he even has the aircraft he advertises, are untrue.

The photographs of his facilities are actually pictures of his old place in Oklahoma...before he was run out of the country and fled to Belize. He floated his program from down there for a time without great success. He claims to be the biggest and oldest school; neither claim is true.

I cannot belive that Sam Riggs is still operating his ag-pilot con game. I am guessing that the picture on his web site of the Cessna 140 must be a bit old, as I would guess that it is the same 140 that he crashed at the Belmopan Airstrip in Belize. He hooked a power line on short final in the dark. I heard that he went broke with the hotel in Corazol, and then had a mysterious fire that burned it down. I wondered where he had crawled off to after Belize kicked his a$$.

I cannot belive that Sam Riggs is still operating his ag-pilot con game. I am guessing that the picture on his web site of the Cessna 140 must be a bit old, as I would guess that it is the same 140 that he crashed at the Belmopan Airstrip in Belize. He hooked a power line on short final in the dark. I heard that he went broke with the hotel in Corazol, and then had a mysterious fire that burned it down. I wondered where he had crawled off to after Belize kicked his a$$.

Supposedly, he went to Texas.

Most all the pictures on his website are from Oklahoma...before he fled to Belize. The text is also from 20 years ago, too.

Guys and Gals who have a desire to enter the fire bombing field have a leg up on most beginners. Usually their hired to fly a Cherokee Six, type aircraft, hauling parts and the mechanics to the large fire bombers. I know most of the fire bombing companies and can sit up an interview. Fire Bombers are in big demand. After a year, or maybe two of flying the Cherokee's, Cessna 210's, Cessna 182's or Piper Lances to the fire bombers students usually move into the fire bombers right seat. Often called co-pilot, but usually called “swampers”. You'll load and preflight the aircraft and double check weight and balance and learn.

I wonder if he just got drunk some evening and made all of this up.

Is he the same guy that was boasting about being able to get folks jobs working for DoD or State flying spook mission around CA?

Wasn't the FBI looking into this guy (same) at one time?

Sam's only fire experience took place in my presence. A fire began on a neighboring property to his, and he dropped water on it from a pawnee...in 100 gallon drops using the dump lever in his airplane. Beyond that, he has no SEAT experience, and has never been involved with, trained anyone in, or provided job placement for a large air tanker operation. Further, his reference to the Cherokee Six for a parts or "swamper" aircraft clearly points at Aero Union, and I'd challenge him to show any connection with the company, in any way, shape, or form. His information is outdated, and tired.

I've never heard of him advertising any connection to domestic or foreign intelligence. The closest he ever came to any operation at the state level was the numerous appearances in court during law suits. He was a cadet at a private military school, as a youth.

I've run into few people in this world as vain as Sam. Truly a legend in his own mind.

Fire bomber student? Maybe he watched Always a few too many times. Surprised he didnt mention arranging for someone sit right seat for John Goodman.

Livin' in SE Alabama at the moment...

MR-

Latest resources

Back