Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

after landing checklist always done OFF all rwys?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Da Vinci

Can anyone confirm if this is standard language at any of the major 135/91 operators?

Slight dispute with a friend regard whether it is slowed to taxi speed on the rwy or off all rwys. My experience is off all rwys.

Thanks tons. pms welcome

Last edited:
At my last -121/-135 carrier, if we did any after landing tasks, until the whole plane was fully clear of the rwy hold short line, we would fail a checkride.

At my current -121, to align with Boeing recommendations for our new airplanes, we dropped the after landing checklist. There is still a flow, but no checklist. They didn't want us doing a checklist while taxiing.

cliff
CVG

Some guys just have to raise the flaps ASAP. Clear the runway and take your time.

In the professional 121 world, it was always when clear of the runway.

In my 135 fantasy land (where guys tend to aim and shoot from the hip), it states in the SOPs to conduct the after-landing checklist at "a safe taxi speed". Now does that mean when you are down to say 15 knots on a 8000 foot runway waiting for the next turn off to start moving switches? Some do, some don't. When I'm running the show I wait until clear of the active runway. Some guys do it while still on the runway. Don't know what the rush is?

We allow the 180 on the runway to be considered the same as clearing the runway, it is a silent checklist at our company.

I've heard of at least two 121 guys getting popped for bringing the flaps up while on the runway with a Fed in the back. One I know of for sure, the other just heard about.

Off the runway unless the book says otherwise.

Its all a matter of opinion, until someone can specifically show it in writing or a letter of interpretation from the FAA legal counsel in DC.

Who here flies a turbine aircraft at uncontrolled airport at 1500', if so why?

The triggering event in our FSM for both the after landing flow and checklist is "clear of the runway"

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back