Africa Advice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JetDriver2000

The Boss is planning on going to Zambia next month.
Does anyone have advice. ? Thinking of going with just two pilots; just fuel stops from midwest area. Heck, I don't even know if my phone will work over there, any advice??

Thanks in advance,
JD

Does anyone have advice. ? Thinking of going with just two pilots; just fuel stops from midwest area. Heck, I don't even know if my phone will work over there, any advice??

Thanks in advance,
JD

BA will get him there a lot more comfortably. TC

Call in sick or take a vacation

Thanks in advance,
JD

Do a crew swap in London, you can thank me later.

Thanks guys,

He may elect to take the airlines at the last minute...but his philosophy is " I have an airplane, why should I take the airlines.".
Thinking of a rest stop along the way..maybe Azores??.. Any more helpful information will be appreciated.
Thanks,

JD

rubbers, latex gloves, mosquito net, and A LOT of alchohol (rubbing and drinking) or like Mrs Gore, just take the rubbing kind it'll work.

Seriously,

Ditto.

Double Ditto.

And for God sakes Man!

TRIPPLE DITTO!!!!

Your Boss ain't from Indiana is He?

Thanks guys,

He may elect to take the airlines at the last minute...but his philosophy is " I have an airplane, why should I take the airlines.".
Thinking of a rest stop along the way..maybe Azores??.. Any more helpful information will be appreciated.
Thanks,

JD

Where are you departing from and what type of aircaft?

I have used Luxor and Cairo in the past and both have worked out well. I like Luxor better because you can see the pyramids is you plan it right.

Which handling agent do you plan on using?

Take Cash, Lots of it. Credit doesnt exist there. If they do accept it there is a lot of fraud. Hire a handler, Depends on what you fly. any corporate jet will probally cost 5,000 us every time you land. and then you have to buy fuel. US dollars always works most places also take Euros. There is always someone with there hand out. The fees will include landing, Navigation, lights, royalties.

Take lots of bottled water. dont buy local stuff. Bug repellent with DEET. see a travel doctor before you go. Dont take Quinine it screws up your liver and affects your thinking. make sure your yellow fever at a mimimum is current. get the shot wait a couple of weeks before you go to let the antibodies build up.

Assume everyone has aids. bring lots of handsanitizer.

DONT GO

Just show RoundMoter's post to your boss. That should do the trick! ;) TC

Latest resources

Back