AFOQT Score Question.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Vandal

Hi guys, long time reader first time poster. Just got my AFOQT scores today and wanted to run em by you guys to see how competitive they are.

AFOQT:
pilot: 97
nav:87
acc: 85
quant: 97
verbal: 60

I'm sure that pilot has to be decent, but would like to know if anyone has recently been accepted to UPT and what their scores were. Verbal score suprised me, hehe got an 800 on SAT verbal, I must have skipped a circle and gottem em all wrong by accident. Anyway, thanks for any info guys.

Good Job!

I don't know what the average scores out there are but I can tell you from the applicants we get in our unit that yours are excellent...I'd even go so far as to say outstanding (especially in the quant...it's usually around the 50's or 60's). If you think you really screwed up on the verbal, I would take get again (you're allowed two attempts, right?) Other units might be different but we typically look at scores to see if we think a guy has the smarts to get through UPT and then we look at other factors (background, geography, flying time, etc) that ultimately get a guy in. If you have all those other squares checked, you shouldn't have a problem.

Thanks for the quick reply and encouragement. As far as my other stats go, I have my B.A, have a commercial multi/single ifr rating and ~200 hours of time. My only weakness is my 2.3 GPA in college which was a result of not caring too much about my english degree. I know this will be a problem, which is why I'm striving to make the rest of the picture as good as possible.

This is a great web site!! The only problem is how people brag, and Vandal, you're bragging. Your AFOQT scores are excellent. So was your SAT score. My only guestion is, how does an 800 verbal translate to a 2.3? A few too many cocktails perhaps. Anyway, we are all truly impressed. Now what are you going to do?

BTW, the military doesn't care about your GPA.

CCDiscoB said:
This is a great web site!! The only problem is how people brag, and Vandal, you're bragging. Your AFOQT scores are excellent. So was your SAT score. My only guestion is, how does an 800 verbal translate to a 2.3? A few too many cocktails perhaps. Anyway, we are all truly impressed. Now what are you going to do?

BTW, the military doesn't care about your GPA.

hehe man it was a simple question. I have no idea what AFOQT scores mean, seeing as I am my recruiters first candidate for pilot selection. Nice to hear gpa doesn't matter though...

GPAs

Let me clarify my thoughts on GPA. What the military wants is a college degree, so they can send you to OTS.

If you can get a slot through ROTC, then really all you need to do is graduate on time. BUT, if you are competing with 6 dudes for 3 slots, then they look at flying time, AFOQT and then GPA. My GPA was low, but I had my license. Of course that was a while ago. I often wonder if I could make these days.

For OTS bound...If GPA low and competition high, it maybe harder. The big thing for OTS is flying time. I'm a former T-37 IP, the OTS dudes all had prior flight time. I you don't get an OTS slot then here is another way to do it....go get your Masters at a school with ROTC. Sign up for 2 year ROTC. That's the way a guy in my ROTC class did it.

Don't take no for an answer!!

Patmack18 said:
Vandal...
WOW! Really good scores. My pilot was an 82, and the rest were all in the 60's. I still pulled a 96 on the PCSM. Take that BAT and tell us how you do. You should be able to get a perfect score with a pilot score like that!
Pat

Hehe your prediction was right on, just got my pcsm score and received a 99.

vandal-
Im gonna be taking the AFOQT test sometime soon. How did you study for the test? I dont know much about the process and am trying to gather all the info I can. I'm pretty much like you. Comm/me/ifr with 4 yr business degree.

Latest resources

Back