• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aerodynamics Books

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I Second "Stick and Rudder" and Third "Aerodynamics for Naval Aviators". Hey Profile........is "Flight Wise" written in easy to understand language or do you need a physics degree to understand it.

Flightwise is written in plain english, but would be worth reading even for aero engineers as it really puts things in a nice perspective. Any math required he literally teaches you on the way or tells you to skip ahead. Really an excellent book series.

Howdy!
I've been referred to:
1. a college aerodynamics professor
2. Kershner's Advanced Pilot's Manual
3. "Theory of Airfoil Sections"
4. McCormick's "Aerodynamics, Aeromechanics, and Flight Dynamics."

And remember, no one has a complete understanding of aerodynamics. It is still a new science.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

I agree with generaltso. I like 'Illustrated Guide to Aerodynamics.' ANA is a great book but a little dense for me. Great if you want to puzzle throught the math. Don't forget NASA's website for all your aerodynamic needs.

"flight without formulae " and "mechanics of flight" both by
Sir A.C Kermode are excellent
the first book is excellent for learning and teaching aerodynamics without the math and the next one is excellent for students past thier commercial and really want to understand aerodynamics
aerodynamics for naval aviators is also an excellent book
fulcrum

When your finished with all of those get "Keep your eye on the ball." written by Robert G. Watts/A.Terry Bahill. It is all about the aerodynamics and physics of a curve ball, knucleball, and the physics of batting a ball. He uses all basic aerodynamics including density altitude and how it effects baseball distance, the effective curve of a baseball etc., etc. Since most of all pilot's wind up coaching little league it is great reading and a pilot can directly relate to it. Great fun for those long hauls on the flight deck.

Latest resources

Back