• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aerial Photography Critique Please...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Interesting you ask that question. I have two airplanes I quazi inherited that my mom and me (son) the co-owner want to put to work. Airplanes are meant to be flown, not looked at in hanger. Lets make my dad smile. (C-170 and a C-172) The planes are paid for basically. All that is left is insurance, gas and maint. What type of profitability is there in Florida? How much would I expect to charge for a site? I know real estate is headed town hill. (highest 30 year depreciation a few weeks ago). What other types of stuff is shot? I may or may not fly the missions myself. Shots look good if I could say so myself, what do I know? Sorry for the hijack thread if any. PM me.

No offense but the subject matter is horribly boring. Is there a reason there is no grass on this property? Try to center the house or show the full property. Try to show the house from it's best side. (realtors want to sell the homes). If there is multiple buildings on site, climb a bit higher and get the whole property (which is also useful for surveyors).
Where are you located? (I need to make sure I never go there).

I have a small aerial business and will answer more questions if needed.
What kind of gear are you shooting with?

Goodluck, fly and take many many photos

buy a longer lens or get closer/lower. There is too much roof in most of your pics. Thats the most common begginer mistake. All the professional photographers i fly on missions always want lower...and at some point, when you're as low as you're willing to go, you just need a longer lens to get the lower angle. I'd also recommend a lens with optical stabilization or vibration reduction. Also, a good digital body that has good image quality at high ISOs is alot cheaper than buying lenses that capture more light. The best picture days always seem to be the bumpiest!

I second the idea of having a lens with image stabilization. I used to buy cheaper lenses and then sold my old camera and applied the money towards a new camera with an image stabilization lens. The difference is absolutely amazing.

Thanks everyone...I am trying something new, so your help is appreciated. The photos are from Colorado, it is high semiarid climate and yup it is brown. I shot those in the middle of the day to reduce shadows, but the light was pretty harsh. I gonna go a bit earlier next time. As far as charging and profit I really can't halp you there because I don't really know yet.

Flying lower sounds good to me!

Thanks again

70-300mm in my opinion is too damn big. I use a 17-85mm and get great results. In fact a $500 million company that I have been shooting monthly since March told me today that my photos are fabulous (sorry, i just wanted to brag).

Latest resources

Back