• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aerial Photography Critique Please...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
try to shoot first thing in the morning or late in the afternoon to reduce shadows.

gsrcrsx68 said:
Flying lower sounds good to me!

Just remember to remain more than 1000 feet above the highest object within 2000' of your airplane.

And remember that when in front of the NTSB judge, the FAA gets to decide what is congested, and they have a very loose definition.

And also remember that 91.119 is said to be *THE* most common pilot violation

And remember that circiling around the same spot is likely to annoy someone with an itchy dialling finger.

But above all, have fun :)

Hey.....that looks like my house!! What..the..hell....whos car is that in my driveway??!! Figures....go out on a 6 month trip and she sells the house and finds a boy friend. This airline freight charter stuff sucks!!

Navigator, when you say first thing in the morning do you mean before sunrise or how much after sunrise?

Also would the 17-85mm work well digital a camera or are you using film?

Do you have any samples?

Note: I am not in the aerial photo business professionally. Suggest reducing exposure a bit and then using photoshop levels & curves to bring the contrast up; the overexposed areas are detail you'll never recover.

As far as the angles are concerned I didn't mind.. seemed that you had the house filling the frame.

A 70-300 zoom... probably a slow (f/5.6 at 300) right?? That will be fine for noon time but if you ever want to do sunrise/sunset stuff (nothing like a fancy property bathed in gold light) you'll need a faster lens.. just something to keep in mind!

I do have some samples, I just have to run out the door to get to work. I have been away from work for 10 days and should probably be on time my first day back.
I usualy fly between 7-8am. In Maine that isn't always the easiest to do because of the coastal fog that forms. but hey, we have grass and trees on our properties.

Latest resources

Back