• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Advance entitlement possiblities at Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It will be an interesting bid. All is conjure until they post it, but there was a copy of the proposed one floating around the last few weeks. Very interesting stuff on there.

Can you comment on it or is it top secret, hush-hush, and confidential?

Yep. I never even applied to NW. Took one look at their bases and said no way. Now I may have to fly out of one when the NW guys start to bail and move to ATL.

To each his own. I seriously doubt many are itching to go to ATL, NYC, CVG...Especially those still raising kids. Seems most of the better public school systems are up north. Most of my career have had the choice of MSP, SEA, ANC, HNL, SEA, LAX, BOS and the others. Saying Delta has had better bases is very arguable. . And not an issue as most people live in locations for many other reasons. And just an early observation after looking at the DAL side, much of your SOPA is decades behind what NWA had developed and passed on into the industry and your contract is nowhere as good as advertised in all this merger debate. Taking all the best of both in the long run will make a very attractive company to work at. Hope we can park the ego's and get it done sooner than later and prosper.

And just an early observation after looking at the DAL side, much of your SOPA is decades behind what NWA had developed and passed on into the industry and your contract is nowhere as good as advertised in all this merger debate.

Well, we don't really have a SOPA. By design. For the most part, what I have observed is that NWA procedures are very directive. You will do this and say this at this time, and you never deviate from it. Right down to who does the overhead on the preflight, who loads the FMS, who starts the engines, etc. You want the books to be the Delta way. The less stuff in the procedures is the less stuff the FAA can gig you for.

Delta's procedures are much less directive. There are procedures for how to preflight the overhead, but we don't care who does it, for example. I think you will find the Delta procedures offer enough guidance, but yet give you the room to be a pilot and make decisions. Delta is not going to nit pick how you do your job.

On the contract, I won't argue. It sucks and only a union twerp would tell you otherwise.

A twerp! I love it.

Section 23 needs a lot of work. A lot.
So does Section 6, 3 and 1. Aw heck all of it does. ;)

To each his own. I seriously doubt many are itching to go to ATL, NYC, CVG...Especially those still raising kids. Seems most of the better public school systems are up north.
Are people in this industry still having kids?

Latest word I got (last week) was we were on schedule for 1 Jan 2010 SOC.

Combined AE will be around march.

Now taking bets on where I get displaced to in the next couple weeks. :)

I think the upcoming displacement bid (supposedly coming out soon!) will bump more of us junior pukes out of a RD base, and when SOC comes, it could be a while down the road before we'll be able to bid back into our original base. Oh well, I'm actually looking forward to flying in the nwa network again.

I think the upcoming displacement bid (supposedly coming out soon!) will bump more of us junior pukes out of a RD base, and when SOC comes, it could be a while down the road before we'll be able to bid back into our original base.

In anticipation of just this kind of problem, the joint contract should have included lifetime reinstatement rights to your former category.

Most rumors about the AE are close to being accurate. I bet that some of the plan changes this week though.

Latest resources

Back