• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ADS-B // Your life may be at risk.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I totally agree that ADS-B and mode S transponders are a terrorist wet dream. That's why I always fly with my transponder off and always report my position and altitude at least 4 miles and 1000 feet offset. That keeps the terrorists from homing in on me with their explosive-laden Cessna 172.

I feel much safer. Some people might claim that imprecise position information creates it's own hazard, but I know in my heart that terrorists are the real threat and an occasional midair collision is a small price to pay for preventing terrorist attacks.

That's why I'm advocating a new ATC system. I call it "True Free Flight".

Under this system all aircraft will be equipped with stealth technology. They will fly with total radio blackout. No transponder, nor radio of any kind. All ATC personnel will be made redundant and reassigned to the TSA.

Flight schedules will be made secret, sensitive security information. Passengers will just have to wait for the next one, whenever that may be. (Not really that different than it already is, come to think of it...)

When flights do depart, they will fly computer-randomized zig-zag flight paths. Sure, there will be the occasional midair collision and random thunderstorm encounters, but I can guarantee you there will be no Al-Queda transponder homing missiles!!

Whats wrong with ADS-B. I flew with it in AK and it was sweet! (You can turn it off if you are one of those guys!)

Latest resources

Back