Additional 50 seaters arrive in CVG...Maybe

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Al Coholic

Just saw an all white CRJ with the tail # ending in CA and a Comair sticker on the nose landing in CVG... Could it be the first of the 10 50s???

Could be, but I know that Mesa's got a "ghost" plane that's been in and out of CVG for a while now.

Guess we'll find out soon enough...

That would be fantastic news. The industry could really use some more RJ's. These airplanes will feed and grow the hub thus providing more mainline jobs. Let's just hope Southwest comes into CVG so we the traveling public can have the option for upgraded service.

Take your bitching and walk on out of here.

Oh.. The RJ is stealing jobs from the mainline.. Oh.. The RJ has caused the problems of today.. Oh.. You're a putz!

Go blow it out your pie hole buddy. Quit being a drag!!

chperplt said:
Take your bitching and walk on out of here.

Oh.. The RJ is stealing jobs from the mainline.. Oh.. The RJ has caused the problems of today.. Oh.. You're a putz!

Go blow it out your pie hole buddy. Quit being a drag!!

Hey now. He is partially correct depending on where DL places the RJs. If they place them on routes that have LCC competition, then we will be in a losing fight. If they put them on routes that have no LCC competition and we can charge whatever we want, then that is good for us. Didn't we just announce some Summertime flights to Traverse City, MI? That is a good way to use them because that really is a good Summertime getaway for a lot of rich people, and LCCs do not fly there.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I'm probably just blowing my pie hole but are you aware that Chicago school bus drivers make more than senior RJ Captains. Second year UPS bag sorters make more than regional F/o's. Cox cable pays installers more than RJ pilots. Driving a garbage truck for the city of Phoenix would be a raise....not to mention being at home a lot more.

I guess I'm just a putz. The RJ has really raised the bar for professional pilots. Ooops, did I say professional? Anyway, flying on LCC's is an upgrade from an RJ flight. Unless you're 4 feet tall. LUV, AAI, F9, and B6 are much better as far as comfort. No doubt there are segments where RJ's fit the mold, however DAL has way overdone the 50 seat RJ.

So, tell me this Einstein. Is the RJ to blame for the US Air payscale? What about the AA payscales? Are RJs to blame for global warming or the hemorrhoids I'm sure your suffering from.

The industry sucks.. It has nothing to do with the equipment. It has to do with piss poor management decisions. Don't blame the RJ for taking your job. Boo F-kn hoo. Have some cheese with your wine.

The RJ has it's place in this industry the same way your 727, DC9, larger DC9, 757, or 767 do or did. If management can't use it's resources properly... then go piss on them.

You think we're not professional pilots because we get paid less? Are US Air pilots not professional? What about MidAtlantic? Are they not professional because they get paid less than some of us RJ drivers? Remind us of that when you need us for a ride home.

I think you've had too many drags in your day.. What a tool.

chperplt said:
So, tell me this Einstein. Is the RJ to blame for the US Air payscale?
No...well maybe.

What about the AA payscales?
No

Are RJs to blame for global warming?
Does global warming really exist? Perhaps your've been listening to Randi Rhodes and Al Franken on Air America Radio too much.

or the hemorrhoids I'm sure your suffering from.
Not true, I eat a well balanced diet. This includes pleanty of meats, veggies, fine wine, and an occasional wheat grass shot.

The industry sucks.. It has nothing to do with the equipment. It has to do with piss poor management decisions.
And limp **ck organizations like ALPA.

Don't blame the RJ for taking your job. Boo F-kn hoo. Have some cheese with your wine.
Who said I don't have a job??

The RJ has it's place in this industry the same way your 727, DC9, larger DC9, 757, or 767 do or did.
Not true. The RJ has no rank next to the proven history of the 727, DC9, and 75/76. All of these types enhanced the profession. The RJ and it's current wage and bennie package continues to damage the career. Perhaps this is the economic reality, but nevertheless the damage is being done.

If management can't use it's resources properly... then go piss on them. O.K. It's called Scope. But we're losing that battle. God bless the RJDC.

You think we're not professional pilots because we get paid less?
No. It's not professional because trashy blue collar High School drop-out jobs pay better salaries and bennies.

Are US Air pilots not professional? What about MidAtlantic? Are they not professional because they get paid less than some of us RJ drivers? Remind us of that when you need us for a ride home.
Don't need one. And USAir and the current bankruptcy codes are a topic for later.

I think you've had too many drags in your day.. What a tool.
I suppose you're right. It's great that more 50 seat RJ's are comming into the system. Given the fact that there's huge undercapacity in the network and fuel will probably drop to the mid 20's next week, I toast to the future.

Last edited:
drag said:
I'm probably just blowing my pie hole but are you aware that Chicago school bus drivers make more than senior RJ Captains. Second year UPS bag sorters make more than regional F/o's. Cox cable pays installers more than RJ pilots. Driving a garbage truck for the city of Phoenix would be a raise....not to mention being at home a lot more.

I guess I'm just a putz. The RJ has really raised the bar for professional pilots. Ooops, did I say professional? Anyway, flying on LCC's is an upgrade from an RJ flight. Unless you're 4 feet tall. LUV, AAI, F9, and B6 are much better as far as comfort. No doubt there are segments where RJ's fit the mold, however DAL has way overdone the 50 seat RJ.

Thanks for the heads up...I'll keep all these positions in mind in case I get furloughed again. Have a nice weekend.:cool:

KAK

drag said:
The RJ has it's place in this industry the same way your 727, DC9, larger DC9, 757, or 767 do or did.
Not true. The RJ has no rank next to the proven history of the 727, DC9, and 75/76. All of these types enhanced the profession. The RJ and it's current wage and bennie package continues to damage the career. Perhaps this is the economic reality, but nevertheless the damage is being done.

Are you freaking kidding me? These airplanes are not even in the same league. In no way…

The “proven history”? of those other airplanes? Hmm… Maybe because it is 20 years newer?

Look, regionals have always flow airplanes for less than the majors have flown airplanes. Back in the day they were prop airplanes and no one gave a shi__t. now they are jets. The fact that they are jets has no bearing on the fact that we would be doing the same flying, jets or no.

You think that the RJs or the regionals are the reason the industry is going to he!!? Other than Comair (the highest paid) who didn’t “exactly” take a pay cut, which regional has taken a hit? Name 3. I bet I can name 3 majors who have taken cuts. Lowering the bar? Take a look at your self!

Latest resources

Back